It wasn’t long ago that Inside the Magic reported Disney announced changes to its popular attraction, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, upon the official reopening of Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
But now, Walt Disney World has just announced that it will be updating its modified virtual queue for its most popular attraction, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
According to Disney Parks Blog:
We are adjusting the virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Beginning Friday, July 24, opportunities to join the queue will be available at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
For guests with a Disney Park Pass reservation to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the attraction will continue to have limited availability accessible through the My Disney Experience app virtual queue. Starting Friday, July 24, guests will have an opportunity at either 10 a.m. or 2 p.m. to join the virtual queue. These two opportunities are intended to give guests more flexibility in their planning, and are also a way to further support physical distancing.
Here are more details to be aware of before you arrive:
- First, make sure you have the My Disney Experience app. Once you enter the park, log in to your account at one of the distribution times (10 a.m. or 2 p.m.).
- Once you have logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. You will be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue.
- The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. Some guests may join backup groups.
- As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for you and the others in your group, you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time. In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
- Make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so you will be alerted if your group is called to return. You’ll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Guests who are enrolled in the virtual queue will be able to see an estimated return time indicating when they may be called back to experience the attraction. This time may change throughout the day, so continue to check the app for updates. Also, the tip boards around the park will display the boarding groups that have been called back.
- Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
Previously, Guests were able to join the virtual queue at three times throughout the day. 10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m.
Disney World modified the Star Wars: Galaxy Edge attraction’s virtual queue to feature multiple join times when Disney’s Hollywood Studios reopened to Guests on July 15. Since then, the virtual queue system has also begun to now feature estimated return times for its boarding groups.
Please remember to reach out to Guest Experience Cast Members stationed throughout the park if you have any questions regarding the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance virtual queue system.
For those planning a trip back to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, and the rest of Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Walt Disney World resort, it pays to have experts on hand to keep you up-to-date on changes like this. That is why we continue to recommend our friends at Academy Travel. Not only will Academy’s agents work with you to create the most magical Walt Disney World vacation for your budget, but they will also keep you informed so you are prepared when sudden changes to theme park experiences occur.