As Walt Disney World gets ready to reopen its theme park Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15, Disney has released some information on what Guests should expect when it comes to the virtual queue for everybody’s new favorite attraction, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
According to Disney Parks,
For guests with upcoming Disney Park Pass reservations to visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios, we wanted to share an update about Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which will once again be using virtual queue in the My Disney Experience app. If you’ve joined the Resistance before, you will want to note a few changes to the process beginning July 15. Most importantly – as availability allows – guests will have an opportunity at 10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m. to request to join the virtual queue. This means there is no need to arrive early to the park to check the virtual queue.
Whether it’s your first trip to Batuu or you have joined the fight against the First Order before, there are a few important details to know before you arrive:
- First, make sure you have the My Disney Experience app. Once you enter the park, log in to your account at one of the distribution times (10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m.).
- Once you have logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. You will be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue.
- The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. Some guests may join backup groups.
- As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for you and the others in your group, you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time. In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
- Make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so you will be alerted if your group is called to return. You’ll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
If you still have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to cast members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the park.
When Disney opened its park pass system to Annual Passholders preexisting ticket holders, Inside the Magic reported that Disney’s Hollywood Studios was the first park to become completely booked, and remains the most booked theme park out of the four at Walt Disney World. There is no doubt that its popularity is driven by the desire to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
Were you lucky enough to get a park pass for Disney’s Hollywood Studios Reopening Day? When’s the next time you’ll get to go back? Let us know in the comments!