Today Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are reopening the gates for their first Annual Passholders who registered for the Annual Passholder preview, which takes place both today, July 9, and tomorrow, July 10.
Our Inside the Magic team is at Magic Kingdom today to bring you the latest news on how Disney’s Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom are gearing up for the reopening to the public on July 11. Keep in mind that EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios will reopen on July 15.
Inside the Magic is following along with all of the safety protocols put in place by Disney in order to remain safe during this unprecedented time.
Changes to Character Meet and Greets
There have been several changes implemented to keep guests and Cast Members safe — One of those changes regarding character meet and greets. Being able to visit your favorite Disney characters around the parks was one of the things people looked forward to most, however, last month, ITM reported that Disney announced changes to character and guests interactions at the parks.
The bottom line is that you won’t be able to hug your favorite Disney character or get their autograph, so unfortunately there will be no more traditional meet and greets (for now). Disney also implemented changes to the classic Disney parades and firework shows as they are on a temporarily hold.
However, do not despair, because you will be able to see your favorite Disney characters around the parks! Inside the Magic has spotted several different characters throughout Magic Kingdom on the first Annual Passholder preview day so let’s take a look at what these new experiences will look like once the gates reopen later this week!
Disney already previously announced that “Character Cavalcades throughout the day, with Guest-favorite Disney friends appearing along the parade route—which will include: The Royal Princess Processional Mickey & Friends Cavalcade Fantasyland Friends Cavalcade A Goofy Cavalcade Tinker Bell & the Lost Treasure”.
And now we get to see them in action!
Inside the Magic “Meets” Disney Characters
Our ITM team has already spotted some characters as they entered Magic Kingdom this morning.
Here is a break down of how characters are expected to show up and greet the guests back to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.
Magic Kingdom Park
- “The Royal Princess Processional” – Several times daily, favorite Disney princesses travel through the streets of Magic Kingdom. Princess Merida leads the way on her steed Angus, followed closely by a gazebo float and crystal castle carrying Cinderella, Tiana, Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, Rapunzel and others.
- “Mickey and Friends Cavalcade” – Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and their pals pop up throughout the day, inviting everyone to “Get Their Ears On” as they wave to guests along the park’s parade route.
- Cinderella’s Evil Stepsisters – From time to time, guests in Fantasyland may spot the dastardly Anastasia and Drizella and can interact with them from afar while they’re perched on a balcony of Cinderella Castle.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- “Donald’s Dino Boat Bash!” – Donald Duck, Daisy Duck and Launchpad McQuack wave to guests from their party boat as “Donald’s Dino Bash!” moves from DinoLand U.S.A. to Discovery River.
- “Discovery River Character Cruise” – Throughout the day, guests can see Timon and Rafiki or Pocahontas with Meeko, who will set sail on the parks’ waterways.
- Discovery Island Drummers – These high-energy percussionists cruise along Discovery River, entertaining guests on the shore with an energetic beat.
We will keep updating this article throughout the day as new information arrives.
Don’t forget to contact the expert Disney Vacation Planners at Academy Travel to help you put together your dream trip. Get in touch for a free quote today!
What do you think of the new character interaction changes? Let us know in the comments below.