Universal Studios Hollywood has been closed for months now due to the current global pandemic. But in recent news, it looks as though we may have a target date on when they will reopen the park to the public.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, “On Monday, the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees sent a note to its members saying that Universal may reopen the CityWalk (shops and restaurants) section ‘on a limited basis’ as soon as June 8.”
The letter also says that Universal Studios Hollywood announced that team members who are currently being paid 80% of their average straight time hours will continue to be paid accordingly through June 6, 2020. Beginning on June 7, 2020, non-furloughed Team Members will be paid 50% of their average straight time hours. Furloughed Team Members will remain on furlough though until further notice.
The county recently approved in-person dining as well as in-person retail shopping which means that CityWalk pretty much has the green light to open when they feel ready and safe to do so. However, Universal Studios Hollywood’s theme park has to wait until the county issues guidelines, which is why they stated they are “hopeful” for July rather than giving an exact date or a reopening plan.
Universal Studios Hollywood also told The Hollywood Reporter “We will share more information when it becomes available,” but declined to comment any further.
More On The Temporary Closing Of Universal Studios Hollywood
The official statement on the Universal Studios Hollywood website reads:
Universal Studios Hollywood Park and Universal CityWalk are temporarily closed. Any tickets purchased for a date when we are closed will automatically be changed to one valid until December 18.
Message from Universal Studios Hollywood:
We know Coronavirus (COVID-19) has impacted many parts of your life – including your travel and vacation plans and we look forward to welcoming you back to Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal CityWalk when the time comes.
The health and safety of our guests and team members are our top priority and we continue to take guidance from health agencies and government officials while our destination remains temporarily closed.
We have created flexible programs for guests who have purchased tickets with us. Here are answers to some of our most-asked questions. Guests with specific questions can call this number for more information: 1-866-258-6546
Universal Studios Orlando
Universal Studios Orlando reopened its CityWalk to guests on May 14 while the theme parks are set to reopen in the coming days — June 5th to be exact.
Some of the safety and health measures that Universal Orlando will be following include:
- They will provide a free, disposable mask for guests if they do not bring their own.
- Social distancing in queue lines, merchandise stores, food outlets, and more.
- Keeping a safe attendance maximum that Universal will manage.
- Reduce and/or eliminate mist elements from attractions.
- Implementation of virtual lines.
- Eliminating single rider lines.
- Elimination of post show meet and greets.
- Restaurant menus will have single use menus (paper). Once the guest is done with the menu, they will be disposed.
- Touchless ordering of food and contactless payments will be encouraged. (Minimization of cash use.)
- Temperature checks and face coverings required for team members.
- Ambassadors scattered throughout the park to help encourage sanitization, hand washing, and social distancing measures.
We can expect Universal Studios Hollywood to follow some of these same protocols once they issue their reopening plan and reopen to the public.
Please keep in mind there has been no official word from Universal Studios Hollywood on an exact date of reopening, but Inside the Magic will continue to update you as we get more information.
Would you like to see Universal Studios Hollywood reopen in July? Let us know in the comments.