It’s official: CityWalk at Universal Orlando Resort has now reopened its doors to guests following months of closure due to the recent pandemic. The entertainment complex may only be in “partial reopening”, however, it’s quite busy for its first day reopened!
Please keep in mind that there are certain safety protocols and precautions in place for guests if they decide to visit CityWalk. We want everyone to remain safe during this time.
As we previously shared, the partial reopening of CityWalk includes only the following locations from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m:
- Select full-service restaurants and quick-service food locations: Red Oven Pizza Bakery, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant & Market, Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville (outside seating and Lone Palm area only), Voodoo Doughnut and Auntie Anne’s. Each restaurant will have a limited menu and limited seating available.
- Universal Studios Store, Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company’s retail shop and select merchandise carts as well as Hollywood Drive-In Golf
In Universal’s original release, they stated more venues will be opening as they continue to monitor conditions.
Below is an image from someone who lined up outside of the entrance to Universal’s parking garage at 3:14, 45-minutes before the entertainment center’s official reopening.
People pulling into #Universal #CityWalk today: They were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should. ??♂️? @UniversalORL #UniversalCityWalk pic.twitter.com/Jx54Eewev2
— Spencer (@SpencerDrees) May 14, 2020
WESH 2 News also had a live flyover view of the limited capacity reopening of Universal Orlando’s CityWalk, which you can view in the tweet below.
HAPPENING NOW: Universal Orlando's CityWalk reopens in a limited capacity at 4 p.m. https://t.co/pUsNuEZdp6
— WESH 2 News (@WESH) May 14, 2020
Here are some images from our visit back to CityWalk on the first day of its reopening. We would like to reiterate that we made sure to follow all of the measures and protocols that were put into place keeping everyone’s safety in mind.
As we entered CityWalk, there were employees everywhere welcoming guests back, which was really sweet and made us feel as if we were home. We did find out that The Starbucks is currently not open for guests.
There were plenty of signs located throughout the entrance to CityWalk informing guests of the protocols being put into place that must be followed.
There were markings on the ground to help guests follow social distancing protocols while entering Universal Orlando’s CityWalk.
Many people just stopped to take in the beautiful scenery and surroundings of CityWalk since it has been so long since guests were able to visit.
For those guests who want to enter the Universal store, there was a line outside and guests were being paced in, following social distancing and capacity protocols.
For those who are looking to check out Universal Orlando’s CityWalk either tomorrow or this weekend, keep in mind there are certain precautions in place for guests. These include:
- Temperature checks of all guests to see if they have a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater. If so, they will not be able to enter CityWalk
- All guests will be required to wear face coverings at all times during their visit. Universal will have them available for purchase at cost
- Each venue will limit capacity and all chairs and tables will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each seating. High-touch surfaces throughout CityWalk will be frequently cleaned and disinfected as well.
- Cashless payments will be available at all venues, and self-parking will be complimentary.
Will you be visiting Universal Orlando’s CityWalk this weekend? Let us know in the comments!