If you’ve ever stayed in a Disney Vacation Club villa, you know one of the biggest perks is the kitchen! It’s incredibly fun to get up and make a leisurely breakfast while gazing out at your favorite Disney theme park or Disney resort destination.
Next time you’re booking a Disney trip and place your grocery order (another perk of DVC accommodations!), make sure you get all of the ingredients for this crowd-pleasing Chorizo Breakfast Casserole that is perfect for all ages.
Chorizo Breakfast Casserole (Courtesy of Disney)
What You Need:
- 1/2 pound Spanish chorizo, small dice
- 1 cup yellow onions, small dice
- 2 cup red bell pepper, small dice
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups sourdough bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
What You Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cook chorizo in a pan over medium heat for about one to two minutes until most of the oil is released.
3. Remove chorizo, drain and set aside.
4. In about 1 tablespoon of the chorizo oil cook the onions and bell pepper until translucent (approximately 1-2 minutes).
5. In a bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season mixture with salt and pepper and set aside.
6. Layer bread, chorizo, onions and peppers in an 8-inch baking dish.
7. Pour milk and eggs mixture evenly over baking dish.
8. Sprinkle with cheese.
9. Bake until cooked through and golden brown, about 60 minutes.
10. Once out of the oven, set aside to let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve and enjoy! If desired, you can easily sub pancetta or another meat for the chorizo. It would also be simple to add chopped green bell peppers as a topping for additional color.
Watch this casserole recipe made from scratch in the “Cooking in Disney Vacation Club Villas” video below:
Are you looking forward to trying this breakfast recipe on a lazy summer morning or during your next Walt Disney World or Disneyland vacation?
Try more Disney breakfast recipes below!
- Disneyland Breakfast Chimichanga
- Tomorrowland Breakfast Burrito
- Mickey Breakfast Sandwich
- Minnie Cinnamon Buns