So when you get to the Disney parks, the last thing you’re thinking about is breakfast, especially if you’re only there for the day. You want to get to the FastPasses, rides, and hanging with your favorite characters. But breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You need to fuel your belly so you can have a magical morning at Disneyland and not be hangry.
We’ve got you covered! Galactic Grill over in Tomorrowland has great quick-service options for you. It’s easy to handle and eat while you’re walking to wherever you’re trying to get to next. You might want to pick a slower ride or character meets to start though — this one’s a little heavy, but it’s big enough to share! Breakfast burritos are so yummy and protein packed to keep you going all day at the parks.
View this post on Instagram
OMG! If you haven’t tried the American Breakfast Burrito from Galactic Grill at Tomorrowland Terrace, you are missing out. I was on the fence to try this burrito, but I am so glad I did! It has hash browns, bacon, eggs, sausage, cheese and pico de gallo! If you are looking around the park for a good breakfast, this is for you. It’s also a decent size so you can split it (like I did) and still feel full! #foodsofdisneyland #foodsofdisney #disneyfood #disneyeats #eatdisney #foodsoforangecounty #yelp #yelpoc #yelpelite #foodiesofdisney
Breakfast Burrito Recipe
This is a great breakfast for a protein lover, but it’s totally adjustable to your own preferences. It’s a simple recipe that’s made with a lot of household staples. You’ll notice that parts of the recipe will have an inexact amount that you can play with on your own. Just be careful that your tortilla might not be able to hold all the stuffing!
- 2-4 Strips of bacon (substitute for turkey bacon if you like that better)
- 2-4 Pork breakfast sausage patties (substitute for sausage links or turkey sausage if that’s what you have)
- 2-3 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2-1 Cup of hash browns (substitute with whatever kind you have in your freezer, I used tater tots!)
- Burrito sized Tortilla
- Pico de Gallo (you can make your own with diced tomatoes, diced red onions, cilantro, and lime juice)
- Cook your breakfast sausage. These are usually fully cooked when you buy them and just require heating. Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate to drain grease.
- Cook bacon thoroughly on medium-high heat. Make sure they don’t burn! Set aside with sausage.
- Whisk your eggs in a bowl, add a pinch of salt, and cook them scrambled in the bacon grease. It saves you from using oil and gives it more flavor.
- Lay out your tortilla on a plate. Stack the eggs as the base. It keeps the bacon from puncturing your tortilla.
- Add on the pico de gallo, bacon and then the sausage.
- To close up your tortilla (this is the hardest part of the recipe), fold in the left and right sides first. Make sure your corners are curving in not out or else you’ll have a hole in your burrito. Then fold in the side closer to you while still holding the left and right sides in tact. Roll the burrito to close up the rest of the rest of the way. Be sure to hug the burrito with your fingers so you don’t have any filling falling out.
- If you have a griddle, if not, a pan works just fine. Heat the wrapped burrito a couple minutes on each side to heat the burrito. If you preheat the tortilla, it will be too soft to handle and might rip while you’re wrapping.
- If you’re in a hurry, wrap in foil, and you’re good to eat on the go!
If you want to feel like you ordered this at Disneyland, then add a little music to your kitchen while you’re making it. Youtube has great options for you. It honestly will transport you straight there!
Galactic Grill Breakfast Burrito vs Ship to Shore Breakfast Chimichanga
Another great on the go breakfast item is the Breakfast Chimichanga from the Ship to Shore Marketplace by Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It’s similar in flavors to the Galactic Grill Breakfast Burrito, but with a different play on textures. Be sure to stick around, because there’s a recipe coming to you soon for that as well!
If you’re looking for a full breakfast, you have options to add in Mickey waffles, churro Mickey waffles maybe? If you’re an adult that needs that pick me up, make yourself a good cup of joe. For something fresh to cut through all the rich and heaviness, try some POG juice!