We have updated this article since it was originally published to include the most recent information.
Patina Group restaurants will begin reopening in Disney Springs soon. Here’s what we know right now.
The Patina Group, which owns 11 restaurants between Southern California’s Downtown Disney shopping district and Orlando’s Disney Springs area, as well as two in EPCOT, has provided some updates regarding their current operating procedures and what Disney Resort diners can expect from their establishments moving forward.
In an interview with the Modern Restaurant Management website, The Patina Group’s Marketing Director Kyle Collins shared information about what the bicoastal boutique restaurant firm has been doing so far and how they will navigate the restaurant industry’s “new normal.”
When asked how the pandemic has impacted operations for The Patina Restaurant Group’s over 60 locations on both coasts, Collins replied, “The pandemic dictated that we pivot to delivery, to-go, and curbside pick-up options for Patina restaurants able to still operate in Los Angeles and New York City. Historically, these methods have only represented a single digit percentage of our revenue whereas now, they are our lifeline to engage with our customers.”
He continued, “Unfortunately, we’ve since had to close all of our locations until further notice as we wait out this crisis.”
Currently, all Patina workers are still furloughed until further notice. But that will change for many soon. Even though many Disney Springs dining options will be offering services beginning May 20 as part of the district’s phased reopening, four Patina Group locations at Disney Springs will reopen two days later on May 22. Read the official statement below:
The following Patina Restaurant Group-operated venues in Disney Springs are resuming operations with limited menus for lunch and or dinner service. Their tentative accompanying hours that are subject to change include the following:
- Vivoli il Gelato – Open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Morimoto Asia (Main Dining Room Dinner Service) – Open from 4:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Morimoto Asia Street Food (Outdoor Dining Lunch & Dinner Service) – Open from 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Pizza Ponte (Indoor/Outdoor Dining Lunch & Dinner Service) – Open from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
“We look forward to welcoming our guests back very soon and are dedicated to continuing to deliver an unparalleled dining experience,” Collins said.
The remaining Patina Restaurant Group-operated locations at Disney Springs including Maria & Enzo’s, Enzo’s Hideaway, and The Edison will also resume operations soon. Please stay tuned for more information regarding the reopening of each of those restaurants.
In the Modern Restaurant Management interview, Collins also discussed how the executive team at Patina has dealt with changing their business model in light of the health crisis. He stated, “Pivoting the business model to fully tap into what was low-volume previously seemingly overnight was our biggest adjustment over the past few weeks.”
Collins praised Patina Group employees across the board, saying, “Our teams really rose to the occasion, banding together to support our local communities. The change in operations enabled us to do more charitable outreach by providing boxed lunches to hospitals, food banks, and homeless shelters for those on the frontlines and those in need.”
He indicated that currently furloughed workers will be given their jobs back when he stated, “our incredible team members have been impacted greatly. They are the backbone of our business and we can’t wait to welcome them back.”
As we previously reported when The Patina Restaurant Group employees were initially furloughed in March, the company has major visiblity at both U.S. Disney Parks shopping districts. They own six establishments at Downtown Disney: the Taqueria, Napolini Pizzeria, Tortilla Joe’s, Uva Bar & Cafe, Naples Ristorante Bar, and Catal Restaurant.
At Disney Springs, there are five Patina-owned restaurants: Enzo’s Hideaway, Maria & Enzo’s, Pizza Ponte, Morimoto, and The Edison. They also own two in EPCOT: Tutto Italia Ristorante and Via Napoli Ristorante and Pizzeria. Many Patina Group restaurants on Disney property in Florida and all on Disney property in California are not operational, leaving their front-of-house and back-of-house hourly workers without pay.
Presently, the official websites for all Patina Group establishments at Disney Springs and Downtown Disney feature messages like this one from Maria & Enzo’s:
The statement reads that due to the increased and widespread concern over the spread of the pandemic, “we have made the decision to temporarily close our restaurants at Disney Springs. We will continue to monitor communication from the CDC, local health organizations and our partners at Walt Disney World Resort and make updates here as new information becomes available.”
But as the Patina Group gears up for reopening many of the restaurants on Disney property, they will be following a Dine Safe program, which you can read about below.
The Dining Room and Guest Experience:
- To enhance health and safety measures, guests will be required to wear face coverings at all times except while eating and drinking.
- Ensuring current social distancing procedures are upheld via the redesign of table layouts for seating guests as directed by local and state regulators and in compliance with the CDC.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, including hourly disinfecting as needed for all high-touch surfaces.
- Multiple hand-sanitizing stations strategically placed throughout our facilities.
- Controlled access to the facility to carefully monitor incoming and outgoing patrons and employees through clearly designated entrances and exits.
- Using single-use menus to limit contact.
Team Member Safety Measures:
- Undergo a health check when they report to work.
- Sanitize their hands when they report to work and are required to wash and sanitize their hands every 20 minutes throughout the shift.
- Wear masks while on duty.
- Undergo a comprehensive “Dine Safe” Training Program.
We’ll continue to update Inside the Magic as more Patina Restaurant Group restaurants reopen at Disneyland and Disney World.
What do you think about this Patina Restaurant Group update? Are you looking forward to returning to the restaurant company’s establishments soon?