If you’re anything like us, you can’t get enough of The Mandalorian. It seems like forever to wait until October to see what happens to Mando and Baby Yoda next.
Fortunately, we’re here with a delicious recipe inspired by Din Djarin himself. These Star Wars ice cream sandwiches will help you stay cool all summer long while you anxiously await the Season 2 debut of The Mandalorian this fall!
Mandalorian Ice Cream Sandwiches (Courtesy of StarWars.com)
What You Need:
- 1 Mandalorian helmet template
- Edible silver spray
- Black icing
- Ice cream
- 3 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 c (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Black food gel dye
What You Do:
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In an stand mixer bowl, cream the butter and sugar until combined. If you don’t have a stand mixer, a handheld electric mixer will work!
3. Add the egg, vanilla, and a small amount of black food gel dye.
4. Slowly add in the dry ingredients just until the dough comes together, and turns gray in color.
5. Split the dough into two and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill until you are ready to use.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prep baking sheets with silpats or parchment paper.
7. Roll out the ice cream sandwich dough to about 1/4 inch thick. Use the template to cut out the shapes. Add helmet details with the back of a knife. Transfer the dough onto the prepped baking sheets.
8. Bake for 10 minutes, let cool on a wire rack.
9. Once cooled, spray with edible spray. Let set until dry.
10. When the spray has set, use a #3 tip and black icing to add the visor detail. Let dry.
11. Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream onto the flat side of a cookie. Place a second cookie on top to sandwich.
12. Enjoy cold! Store in refrigerator if you plan to save your Mandalorian treats for later.
More Star Wars Recipes
Whether you’re planning a Star Wars party or you just want to add some out-of-the-world magic to your family’s everyday meal routine, we’ve got you covered.
This matcha tea blended latte recipe inspired by The Child is a cool start to any hot summer day. Or, try this blue milk milkshake that will transport you straight to Tattooine!
Enjoy more Outer Rim adventures with this recipe that will allow you to make your own version of Rey’s Jakku bread.
How many times do you think you’ll make The Mandalorian ice cream sandwiches this summer? Tell us if you’re excited to give them a try in the comments!