When The Mandalorian premiered on November 12, 2019, viewers had no idea they were about to meet one of the cutest characters ever introduced in the Star Wars universe. The Child (AKA Baby Yoda) was an instant sensation on the internet and in real life.
This delicious, summery Baby Yoda matcha latte is a great at-home treat when you can’t make it to your local tea and coffee shop. Check out the full ingredient list and instructions for this Baby Yoda frappuccino-style beverage below!
Baby Yoda Matcha Latte (Courtesy of Fun.com)
What You Need for the Matcha Latte:
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 c dairy milk or almond milk (for non-dairy version)
- Cocktail shaker or Mason jar with lid
- Whipped cream
- 1-2 tsp agave syrup or honey
For Caramel Drizzle:
- 1 c light brown sugar, packed
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 c half and half
- 1 tbsp real vanilla extract
How to Make the Matcha Latte:
- In your cocktail shaker or Mason jar, mix the matcha green tea powder with a small amount of water to form a paste. Stir until it is smooth with no clumps. Add milk and agave to you matcha mixture. Cover and shake vigorously until fully combined. Pour the tea mixture through a strainer. Pour over ice, then add whipped cream and caramel drizzle on top!
- For the caramel drizzle, combine all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer over low heat, whisking constantly or until thickened and no longer watery. Use a spoon to drizzle the caramel sauce over the top of your matcha tea latte.
We can’t wait to try this Baby Yoda drink recipe! Tell us if this cool match green tea frappuccino will be your summer go-to (or if you’re more of a bone broth fan like The Child) in the comments.
Up Next For The Mandalorian Series
The Mandalorian has enjoyed immense success and Disney executives have already renewed it for both Season 2 and Season 3. Pedro Pascal, who plays Din Djarin, in the Disney+ original Star Wars series has already given viewers some insight into the upcoming second season.
To gear-up for the October Season 2 premier, Mandalorian fans can snag lots of great pre-order merchandise, including this adorable (and affordable!) Baby Yoda backpack and a series of four new vinyl Funko POP! figures. Get your pre-orders in soon to make sure you don’t miss out!