If you’re a Star Wars fan, you’re familiar with blue milk. Produced by female Banthas on Tatooine, blue milk made its first appears in Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope. As the story goes, blue milk was popular on many Outer Rim planets, including Lah’mu and Lothal.
Since you can’t currently get your blue milk fix from the Milk Stand at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, this blue milk milkshake is the perfect alternative! A delicious treat for the entire family, the recipe is so easy you might just run to the kitchen right now.
Blue Milk Milkshake (Courtesy of Fun.com)
What You Need:
- 1/2 of a 1.5 qt container of Blue Moon ice cream (or brand of choice)
- 3/4 c milk
- Whipped Cream
- Blue sprinkles
What You Do:
- Allow ice cream some time to soften. Then, blend milk and ice cream until smooth (if using a vanilla base, add desired flavor extracts along with the milk and ice cream).
- Pour into glasses and top off your shakes with whipped cream and blue sprinkles.
- Enjoy a la Luke Skywalker!
The Star Wars-inspired milkshake’s recipe card gives a number of options for customizing the flavor of your treat. Suggestions include:
- Vanilla ice cream with blue food coloring
- 2 tsp lemon flavor extract
- 1 tsp orange flavor extract
- 1 tsp cherry flavor extract
What blue milk milkshake variations are you excited to try? Tell us in the comments!
Other Star Wars Sweets
It wouldn’t be right to make this Star Wars inspired ice cream treat without pairing it with other sweets worthy of a galaxy far, far away.
These adorable Porg Puffs are almost too cute to eat, but they sound so delicious we’ll make an exception. This recipe, created by the Lucasfilm team, is similar to Peeps.
You may also want to try your hand at these D-O droid cookies. Enjoying one with your Bantha milk is the perfect way to celebrate the Skywalker saga!