The movie enchanted me right off the bat with the Arabian night scene and kept me enamored throughout with the upbeat music, lavish decor of the sultan’s palace and the spirit of Princess Jasmine.
A Film That Takes Viewers To A Whole New World
This movie has brought joy to so many over the years. Now, in the midst of a tough time, I definitely find myself leaning into Disney films even more frequently for comfort.
Does this scene make you feel joyful too? Well then we have the perfect treat to accompany it on your next movie night –Disney’s Aladdin themed cookies!
Disney’s Aladdin Themed Cookies Recipe
The Disney Family site shared a step by step recipe on how to make these amazing Aladdin themed cookies that look like miniature replicas of the magic carpet! If this dessert sounds appealing to you, check out the recipe below and be sure to let us know how yours came out.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg white
- Purple food coloring
- Yellow gel food coloring
- Red sprinkles
- Additional food coloring and sprinkle colors (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° degrees.
- Start by whisking together your sugar and applesauce. Then add in your mashed bananas, milk and vanilla — whisking thoroughly until they’re well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your baking powder and flour.
- Next, combine your wet mixture with your flour mixture and mix until you have a good dough consistency.
- Sprinkle a cutting board with flour– this will be the surface that you’ll use to roll out your dough.
- Place a small ball of the dough down, and sprinkle more flour on top of it.
- Roll it out to about 1/8″ thick, then cut the dough into the shape of a mini magic carpet using a small knife.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper so that the dough doesn’t stick, then place your unbaked magic carpet cookies onto it and bake them for roughly 9- 10 minutes.
- To make the frosting to decorate the cookies, start by filling up a pot with a couple inches of water, and bringing it to a boil.
- Place a large bowl on top of the pot and place your frosting ingredients (egg white, sugar, and water) inside. Beat the mixture fast until peaks begin to form.
- Separate the frosting into different small containers and add in the appropriate food coloring to each so you have different colors to decorate with.
- Now you can get creative and decorate your cookies in the most magical way!
*Original recipe from Disney Family site*
Are these Disney’s Aladdin cookies on your list of treats to make?