Located in Disneyland park’s Fantasy Faire, Maurice’s Treats is a snack wagon that pays homage to Old World Europe. It’s sign features Belle’s inventor father and it’s menu is filled with yummy treats. Especially popular are the Cogsworth Cakes and the twists, which come in strawberry and chocolate flavors.
Here, we have Maurice’s Treats’ five-ingredients strawberry twist recipe so you can try the pastry in your own kitchen! This is a fun snack that you can get everyone in your family involved in making. Next time you’re looking for an afternoon activity with your kids, invite them to “be your guest” and make a batch of these Disney Parks snacks!
Maurice’s Treats Strawberry Twists (Courtesy of Disney)
What You Need:
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries (substitute store-bought strawberry jam, if desired)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (17.3-ounce) box (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
What You Do:
- Combine strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Mash mixture with a potato masher until the berries are softened and sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat to high, and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil, stirring often to prevent mixture from sticking to pan, until thick, about 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Place one sheet of puff pastry onto a lightly floured, movable, flat surface, such as a lightweight cutting board. Lightly dust surface of pastry with flour and roll to smooth creases.
- Spread pastry sheet with 1/3 cup of the strawberry mixture. (Refrigerate any remaining strawberry mixture for up to 5 days.)
- Roll the second sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to smooth creases; place on top of first sheet and press down gently.
- Place filled puff pastry in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick silicone mat.
- Using a ruler as a guide, cut into pastry into 1 1/2-inch strips. Carefully pick up strips and place on baking sheets, twisting 3 times before laying down.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. Cool 10 minutes and finish with a dusting of powdered sugar.
This simple Disneyland recipe yields yummy strawberry twists you can use for breakfast, snacktime, or dessert! You can even enjoy one while watching highlights from the Disney Dream cruise ship’s performance of Beauty and the Beast online. Bon Appetit!
Try the grey stuff…
If you see a lot of Disney baking in your future, don’t miss these other awesome Beauty and the Beast recipes. Fans of Mrs. Potts and Chip will love these mug cakes, featuring the cutest chipped tea cup around! And, yes, we have the Disney Parks grey stuff, complete with edible pearls (and it is delicious!)