As of Monday, April 20, 2020, Josh D’Amaro, President of the Walt Disney World Resort, has been appointed to Florida’s task force for reopening the state’s economy.
- Walt Disney World President Josh D’Amaro joins a task force made up of two dozen Florida-based lawyers and business leaders NBC reports.
- These two dozen members of the task force were hand-picked by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.
- The mission of the task force is to create a strategy for Florida to reopen for business after the pandemic has forced the state to shut down for weeks.
- The news of Josh D’Amaro joining Florida’s economic task force comes shortly after Disney’s Executive Chairman Bob Iger was appointed to California’s recovery task force.
Who Else is On the Task Force?
According to NBC, the task force members appointed by Florida Governor, Ron DeSantis, includes:
• Jeanette Nuñez, Lieutenant Governor of Florida
• Jimmy Patronis, Florida Chief Financial Officer
• Ashley Moody, Florida Attorney General
• Bill Galvano, President, Florida Senate
• Jose Oliva, Speaker, Florida House of Representatives
• Sen. Wilton Simpson, President-Designate, Florida Senate
• Rep. Chris Sprowls, Speaker-Designate, Florida House of Representatives
• Richard Corcoran, Commissioner of Education
• Jamal Sowell, President & CEO, Enterprise Florida, Inc.
• Carlos Gimenez, Mayor, Miami-Dade County
• Dale Holness, Mayor, Broward County
• David Kerner, Mayor, Palm Beach County
• John Couris, President & CEO, Tampa General Hospital
• Josh D’Amaro, President, Walt Disney World Resort
• Todd Jones, CEO, Publix Super Markets
• Syd Kitson, Chairman, Board of Governors for the State University System
More Disney Leaders Working with Elected Officials
Josh D’Amaro is only the latest leader in the Walt Disney Company to be appointed to a state-level economic recovery task force. Disney’s Executive Chairman and former CEO, Bob Iger, has already been appointed to California’s state recovery task force by Governor Gavin Newsom.
On a local economy level, Thomas Mazloum, Senior Vice President of Resort & Transportation Operations at Walt Disney World Resort, was appointed to the economic recovery task force for Orange County in Central Florida, by Orange County Mayor Jerry L Deming.
This is a developing story and Inside the Magic will continue to update its readers and more details come to light.