It’s Disney Eats time again! With Star Wars Day coming right around the corner, Star Wars fans will definitely want a Star Wars breakfast. I think it’s pancake day with BB-8! He’s one of our favorite adorable Star Wars characters to join the droid family within the latest Star Wars trilogy.
Disney Eats created a very simple pancake recipe to recreate BB-8 for breakfast. Ingredients are as follows, but you can definitely make the pancake mix from scratch if you’d like too. If you want to make pancake batter from scratch, mix together 2 cups all purpose flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 Tbsp sugar, and 1 tsp salt. Then whisk in 1 1/4 cup of milk or buttermilk, 2 eggs, 3 Tbsp melted butter, and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 1 Box Pancake Mix
- 2 eggs (exclude if you made pancake batter from scratch above)
- 1 1/4 cup of milk or buttermilk
- Powdered Sugar
- Combine eggs and milk to dry ingredients mix in a large bowl.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium heat and make a large pancake. When it turns golden brown, flip.
- Repeat step 2 to make a medium pancake.
- Cut about 3/4 inch off the medium pancake to have a straight edge then trim the corners off.
- Plate the straight edge side of the medium pancake above the large pancake.
- Cut the orange into slices. Take 1 slice and cut a crescent shape off it. You’ll use the large piece.
- Dust the pancakes with powdered sugar.
- Take a whole slice of orange and the cut slice and place them diagonally across of each other on the large pancake.
- Place two blueberries on the medium pancake for the droid eyes.
- Show off to your friends and family then enjoy!
- Lemon Juice to keep the citrus theme.
- Classic Maple Syrup
- Whipped Cream to keep it fluffy
Complete Your Star Wars Breakfast
I love to have my pancakes with a side of sausage or bacon, but you can use both sausage patties and bacon strips to recreate a C-3PO to hang out with BB-8! Since Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge has opened up at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort, the craze has been all about blue and green milk. Well, you can make it at home too, purchase it in stores, or craft a blue milk milkshake! For me, no breakfast is complete without coffee.
Careful, or these droids might disappear off to a mission!