This Walt Disney World restaurant is sure to bring a blast from the past to your dining table.
From the atmosphere to the food to the experience, 50s Prime Time Cafe, located in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, is guaranteed fun for the whole gang.
At 50s Prime Time Cafe, everyone is family! Mom is in the kitchen cookin’ up something finger-lickin’ good while your cousin is your waiter or waitress. Make sure to follow all the rules, just as you would in your own home. This means no phones at the table, no elbows on the table, and of course, finish those veggies!
You will feel as though you are dining in the 50s. From retro style tables to old-fashioned all American decor, this Disney restaurant is extremely unique and a ton of fun!
There’s a bit of an added bonus here at 50s Prime Time Cafe though when you find out you are allowed to watch television at the dinner table! Be on the lookout for popular 50s shows that everyone will love, including I Love Lucy and Mickey Mouse Club.
“For an extra-special treat, you’re allowed to watch TV while eating dinner! Take a seat at a retro TV table and enjoy black-and-white clips from popular prime-time shows circa 1955. After dinner, be sure to browse the dessert menu for sweet treats that include an incredible chocolate peanut butter layer cake and warm apple crisp—just like Mom’s!”
Highlights from the Menu
Whether you have never dined here before and are looking for recommendations or this is your 15th time dining here and are just looking for something new to try, check out some of our personal favorite recipes below.
And don’t forget to grab a delicious and cream milkshake to accompany that finger-lickin’ meal of yours!
- Beer-battered Onion Rings: with Horseradish Sauce
- Grandpa’s Crab Cake: Lump Crab Cake served on Succotash Salad with Bacon and Chili Sauce
- Chicken Noodle Soup: Hearty mixture of Chicken, Vegetables, and Egg Noodles
- Mom’s Old-fashioned Pot Roast: Slow-cooked ‘til fork tender served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Brown Gravy, and garnished with Julienne Carrots and Celery
- Aunt Liz’s Golden Fried Chicken: Served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Gravy, and Seasonal Vegetables
- Grandma’s Chicken Pot Pie: A Creamy Cheese mixture of Chicken, Mushrooms, Carrots, Celery, Onions, and Peas topped with a Flaky Pastry
- Caesar Salad with Chicken: Romaine Lettuce tossed with Caesar Dressing, Grated Parmesan, and Garlic Croutons
- Cousin Megan’s Traditional Meatloaf: Blend of Beef and Pork topped with Tomato Glaze served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans
- A Sampling of Mom’s Favorite Recipes: Golden-fried Chicken, Fork Tender Pot Roast, and Traditional Meatloaf with all the fixings
- Traditional Warm Apple Crisp À la Mode
- Cheesecake: Topped with Fresh Whipped Cream and Strawberry Sauce
- Mom’s Brownie: Chocolate Brownie served with a heaping scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce and Whipped Cream
- Ice Cream Sundae
- Mickey’s Bee Bop Drink: Delicious Cherry-flavored Sprite® with Dad’s Glowing Electric Ice Cubes served in a souvenir cup
- Flavored Sodas: Coca-Cola® blended with Vanilla or Cherry Flavors. Unlimited Refills!
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Milk Shake
From Dad’s Liquor Cabinet
- Mowie Wowie: Dad brought this drink back from the Pacific—Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Melon Liqueur, Peach Schnapps, Orange Juice, and Pineapple Juice
- Godiva Chocolate Martini: Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, Stoli Vanil Vodka, White Crème de Cacao, and Frangelico
- Grandma’s Picnic Punch: Grandma concocted a wonderful drink for the family picnic – Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Crème de Cassis, Light Lemonade, and Pineapple Juice
There are also gluten-free and vegan options available upon request. Just ask your waiter or waitress and they will accommodate you best they can!
Disney Dining Plan
Guests who opt for the Disney Dining Plan can enjoy delicious, pre-paid meals, mobile ordering, and specialty beverages throughout their Disney vacation! There are four different dining plan options to choose from at the moment, each of which offer unique options for the whole family.
Be on the lookout as Disney tends to release offers on the Disney Dining Plan. For more information, visit the official Walt Disney World website here.
More Unique Dining Experiences At Disney World
Disney World is filled with unique dining experiences — fun for the whole family! Check out some of our other dining guides to help you plan your next Disney World vacation.
Need Help Planning Your Next Disney Vacation?
If you want to visit 50’s Prime Time Cafe on your next family vacation, but are having trouble getting started with the planning, be sure to get in touch with our friends at Academy Travel.
These Disney vacation specialists will be there with you every step of the way. Click here for a free, no-obligation quote and start planning your next Disney theme park vacation today!