Of course, one of my favorite things to do while at Walt Disney World is to run around the theme parks. But, once in a while, I also like to look for a place to sit back, relax, and people watch.
And one of my favorite spots to do that is over at Disney Springs! Everyone knows about Rainforest Cafe — The rain forest themed restaurant that allows you to dine amongst the jungle animals. But right outside of Rainforest Cafe is a spot called Lava Lounge.
Lava Lounge, located in Disney Springs, allows you to dine outside of the restaurant, with a full service bar menu and food menu. But what’s even more incredible is the view!
You can sit along the water and people watch as guests walk from shop to shop. You also get a front seat view of The Boathouse, located directly across the lake.
And keep your eyes open because every now and then you may see an Amphicar Tour float on by. (Be sure to give them a wave!)
There are also televisions located throughout the Lava Lounge so if you were looking to watch some sports news or maybe even one of the big games, this would be a perfect spot!
Of course, if you have dined at Rainforest Cafe before, you already know how amazing the food is. The menu at Lava Lounge is exactly the same as if you were dining inside the restaurant.
One of my favorite things to order from the appetizer menu is the Crab Dip. But if you don’t like seafood and are looking for another appetizer to share amongst your party, I recommend either the mozzarella cheese sticks or the Awesome Appetizer Adventure, which includes Chimi-Cha-Chas, Spinach & Artichoke Dip, Cheese Sticks, Chicken Strips, and Guacamole.
If you are over 21 years of age, Lava Lounge has a wide variety of drinks to choose from. Some of the drinks I recommend are:
- Blue Nile: Cruzan Mango Rum, DeKuyper Blue Curaçao Liqueur, Finest Call Blood Orange Sour with sweet and sour
- Mongoose Mai Tai: Don Q Coconut Rum, Myers’s Original Dark Rum DeKuyper Créme de Almond Liqueur, orange and pineapple juices
- Rainbow Colada: Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, strawberries, bananas, piña colada mix, pineapple juice
- Tropical Getaway: Pinnacle Tropical Punch Vodka, tropical juices and Finest Call Grenadine
But if you aren’t yet 21, Lava Lounge has plenty of options for you, too!
- Rainforest Ricky: Mix of pineapple, orange, apple, strawberry and grapefruit juices served over ice or straight up
- Swimming Hole: Refreshing blend of lemonade, Monin Mango and Blue Curaçao Syrups
- Brazilian Freeze: Coconut, pineapple, raspberry purée and banana blended with ice
- Strawberry Lemonade: A refreshing lemonade made with real strawberries
All in All
This is a great spot to sit back, relax, people watch, and spend some quality time with friends or family. Whether you want to sit down for a nice lunch with a view or you are looking to munch on some appetizers and sip on some drinks towards the end of the night, Lava Lounge is the place to be.
Need Help Planning Your Next Walt Disney World Vacation?
If you want to check out Lava Lounge on your next Walt Disney World Resort vacation, but aren’t sure where to begin planning, then don’t hesitate to reach out to our friends over at Academy Travel.