Mark your calendars Star Wars fans! On February 21, 2020, the final season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars that we’ve all been waiting for will begin streaming on Disney+.
Disney and Lucasfilm released the official trailer across social media this morning, promising the return of our favorite characters in an action-packed collection of episodes. But the trailer also hints at some bold moments that appear to write over the events of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
You can watch the trailer right here:
First, the Cool Stuff
Disney and Lucasfilm did not disappoint the fans with this trailer. As we near the twilight of the Galactic Republic, we get one last look at our friends before the tragic events of Revenge of the Sith:
- We will get to see the return of Ahsoka Tano. We will see how she begins to form her identity outside of the Jedi Order, and alliances she forms on her own.
- We will see Darth Maul face off against Ahsoka once again as well as tease the end of the Jedi that he already knows is coming.
- We will return to Mandalore and perhaps discover how the tumultuous planet of warrior clans falls into submission of the Empire.
- We will see Anakin further evolved into the man we see Hayden Christensen play in Episode III.
Now Let’s Talk About the “Wait, What?” Moments
The trailer has a few moments that will make Star Wars fans stop and say “wait, what?”
- Padme’s Pregnant: We have been under the impression that Clone Wars takes place BEFORE Revenge of the Sith. Anakin doesn’t discover Padme’s pregnant until then.
- Premature Foresight from Mace Windu and Yoda: In the trailer, we see Mace Windu say “I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi,” as Yoda follows saying “grave care we must take.” Both masters don’t say these lines until deep into Revenge of the Sith.
But, perhaps we will see episodes that parallel the events of Revenge of the Sith and shed further light into the fall of the Jedi and the Republic. If that is the case, then this writer is hoping to see Order 66 from the eyes of Captain Rex.
Star Wars: The Clone Wars begins streaming on Disney+ on February 21, 2020.