Being a vegetarian myself, I am ecstatic to see Walt Disney World and Disneyland offering more and more options for those on a vegan diet.
Disney has just announced that ALL of the major quick and table service restaurants will soon serve plant-based options on both coasts — Walt Disney World in Florida and Disneyland in California. There will also be a new vegan menu icon coming to Disney dining so you can easily find the options for you. Guests will be able to choose from hundreds of both sweet and savory dishes, including several brand new dishes as well!
The Walt Disney Company stated “We’re always looking for ways to bring more flavor, innovation, and creativity to the Disney dining experience – and guest feedback is first on the menu when we evolve our menus and develop new dishes. Our guests have embraced our plant-based offerings at our parks around the globe, inspiring us to expand our menu and introduce a new menu icon, a green leaf, that will make it easier than ever to find these creations during your visit.”
These new dishes will be fun and flavorful, made from vegan ingredients ranging from vegetables and fruits to nuts and seeds and are guaranteed to be made without any animal meat, dairy, eggs, or honey.
These options will hit quick service locations on October 1 and table service locations on October 3. Walt Disney World will launch the vegan menu icon and will also introduce new options at the theme parks and resort hotels. It has been confirmed that there will be over 400 crave-able plant-based dishes to choose from property-wide.
Here is a sneak peak and just a handful of the new vegan options to look forward to:
- Steamed Asian Dumplings from Le Cellier at Epcot – You’ll love these plant-based meat dumplings, served with bok choy, Chinese long beans, red peppers, and radish in a delicious and fragrant Asian broth.
- Shiriki Noodle Salad from Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen at Magic Kingdom Park – This refreshing salad is made with noodles, edamame beans, mushrooms, green mango, and cucumber, tossed with a sweet chili sauce.
- Felucian Garden Spread from Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge (Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Park at the Disneyland Resort) – Made with plant-based “kefta,” herb hummus, tomato-cucumber relish, and pita, this is the perfect bite for your visit to a galaxy far, far away.
- Chili-Spiced Crispy Fried Tofu Bowl from Satu’li Canteen at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – This taste of Pandora features crispy tofu, seasoned with chili-spice and topped with a crunchy vegetable slaw, boba balls and your choice of base and sauce.
- Plant-Based Cashew Cheesecake from California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Just one of many scrumptious plant-based desserts available at Walt Disney World Resort.
Personally, I cannot wait to try these new dishes. As a vegetarian myself, it is sometimes difficult to find something on the menu that isn’t salad, pasta or fried foods. I am very excited to see more and more places becoming vegan friendly (and with healthier options, too!)
And even if you aren’t on a plant-based diet, don’t be afraid to try some of these items. You’ll be surprised at how tasty these options are!
What’s the first plant-based item on your must-try list?