Overnight this weekend, Disneyland Resort increased the prices of theme park tickets and annual passes, ahead of the summer 2019 opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. This price increase comes just 11 months after the 2018 increase back in February of last year. While an annual price increase is expected, Disneyland has made it even more expensive for guests and annual passholders to gain admission to the theme parks, with increases ranging from around 5-10% for tickets to 10-25% for annual passes.
Disneyland still utilizes their tiered ticket pricing system, which varies the prices of one-day tickets based on the season. A one-day park ticket will have a lower price during Value season, a higher price during Regular season, and the highest price during Peak season. Ticket prices do not vary for visits of two days or more.
Disneyland also increased the prices of Maxpass and Parking. Maxpass (originally $10) is now $15 per person, per day. Parking is now $25.
The biggest price increases was that of annual passes. Each tier of annual passes increased significantly, with the largest increase being that of the Premier Passport, which allows passholders to visit both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort every day of the year without any block-out dates. The Premier Passport increased in price from $1579 to $1949.
New theme park ticket pricing
- 1-day, 1 park ticket: $104-149 Adults, $98-148 Children
- 1-day Park Hopper ticket: $154-$199 Adults, $148-$191 Children
- 2-day, 1-park-per-day ticket: $225 Adults, $210 Children
- 2-day Park Hopper ticket: $280 Adults, $265 Children
- 3-day, 1-park-per-day ticket: $300 Adults, $280 Children
- 3-day Park Hopper ticket: $355 Adults, $335 Children
- 4-day, 1-park-per-day ticket: $325 Adults, $305 Children
- 4-day Park Hopper ticket: $380 Adults, $360 Children
- 5-day, 1-park-per-day ticket: $340 Adults, $320 Children
- 5-day Park Hopper ticket: $395 Adults, $375 Children
New Annual Pass pricing
- Disney Deluxe Passport: $799
- Disney Signature Passport: $1,149
- Disney Signature Plus Passport: $1,399
- Disney Premier Passport: $1,949
Disneyland Resort increases ticket and annual pass prices every year, with this year being significant due to the upcoming summer opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. When the land opens, we can expect one-day tickets to be in the Peak price range, and the only annual passholders who will have access to the land will be Signature and above. While ticket prices increased up to 10% and annual passes up to 25%, we’re sure the demand for Disneyland (and especially the demand to gain access to Galaxy’s Edge) won’t falter. If anything, with all of Disney’s new developments, the theme parks are becoming more desirable than ever before. They just won’t be as affordable as they used to be.
What do you think of Disneyland’s ticket and annual pass price increases? Let us know your thoughts!
Source: Disneyland Resort