The holidays come and go every year, but the magic of Disney lives on forever. That’s why we’ve found the best gifts that will keep your family in the joyful spirit all year long. Here are nine toys perfect for the kids and kids at heart this holiday season.
This play set ($99.99) is the perfect gift for the ultimate Disney Parks lover. Inspired by the iconic Monorail transportation system at Walt Disney World Resort, this play set includes a train with five Monorail cars, over 14 feet of track, and a fully functioning and decorated train interior. The set also includes eight Disney character figurines: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Lilo, and Stitch. This piece is great for your child, and possibly even better for you, as it doubles as a toy and a decoration, so you can bring some Disney magic into your home.
If you love chess, strategy games, or Mickey Mouse merchandise, this is the ultimate gift for you. This artistic chess set ($69.95) includes intricately sculpted chess pieces featuring the Fab Five and all their friends. The set is perfect for children or beginners, but it can also be used by anyone no matter their level of expertise or age. Plus, what better way to celebrate Mickey Mouse’s 90th birthday and the holidays combined than with a themed game set?
Your children probably feel a wave of disappointment every time you tell them they can’t actually live in Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World. But this toy set may be the next best thing. This play set ($138.87) is fully interactive and contains magical elements in every room, so take a look at everything included:
- Fully sculptured Cinderella Castle Play Set
- Includes Cinderella, and Tinker Bell figurines with removable clip-on costumes
- Also includes Prince Charming, Mickey Mouse, and Minnie Mouse figurines
- Press left ”stone” at the front gate to hear royal fanfare music and sounds
- Press right ”stone” at the front gate to see and hear light-up simulated fireworks show
- ”Stone finish” walls
- Four levels of play
- Dramatic curved staircase
- Swirling dancefloor (manually operated)
- Elevator lift (manually operated)
- Rotate wall to reveal Magic Mirror behind the fireplace
- Hinged front gate opens for entry
- Golden turrets
- Lower level wings fold for storage
- Includes two figure bases
- Coordinates with all 3 3/4” Disney Princess figurines and playsets in the Disney Parks Collection, each sold separately
This train set ($369.99) is ideal for every little conductor. Each car in this train set resembles one of the Fab Five characters: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto. The train can be controlled by remote or Bluetooth, and each element is customizable for even more fun.
This puzzle ($69.99) may be challenging for younger children, but it sure is a terrific family-friendly activity for everyone to do together. It includes over 200 pieces and features over 100 Disney characters, including Ariel, Belle, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Snow White, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Tiana, Aurora, and Merida. Each piece is numbered and uniquely curved, so even the youngest member of your family could have their hand at this activity.
For the ultimate “Star Wars” fan, this gift is a must-get. This Droid Inventor Kit ($70.52) allows kids to learn how to build a droid through coding with over six block-based coding missions. And with the LittleBits app, all your child needs is a smart device; no grownups are necessary to complete this droid-building “Star Wars” mission. Take a look at what is included:
- Includes six Bits, 20 Droid parts, three sticker sheets, and free littleBits Droid Inventor app
- Free Droid Inventor app features step-by-step instructions and video tutorials to guide kids through creating and customizing Droids
- App includes challenges to promote creativity and customization using household items
- Each electronic block has a different function (motor, sensor or speaker) enabling kids to reconfigure their Droid in new ways, transforming their original R2 unit into any Droid they can dream up
- 16+ activities and missions in the app to keep kids playing day after day
- The R2 Unit runs in Drive mode, Force Mode, Self-Nav, and more
- Comes with 20 authentic R2 Unit sounds from the Star Wars films
- littleBits electronic blocks and Droid parts can be reconfigured in different ways to create new Droids
- Increase your Droid’s abilities by incorporating any Bits or kits from the littleBits collection, sold separately
Your little Anna, Elsa, or Kristoff won’t want to let this play set ($137.46) go. This ice castle is fit for royalty, with three stories of beautifully crafted rooms, 11 pieces of icy furniture, and themed artwork. “Frozen” figurines are not included, so you may want to consider adding those to your list, too!
Who wouldn’t want to build a Death Star? With this LEGO set ($499.95), it’s finally possible. Recommended for LEGO and “Star Wars” fans age 14 and older, this set includes over 4,000 pieces and 23 mini-figurines:
- Grand Moff Tarkin
- Darth Vader
- Emperor Palpatine
- Imperial Navy Officer
- Imperial Officer
- 2 Stormtroopers
- 2 Death Star Troopers
- 2 Emperor’s Royal Guards
- 2 Death Star Gunners
- Death Star Droid
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Princess Leia
- Han Solo (disguised)
- Luke Skywalker (Tatooine)
- Luke Skywalker (disguised)
- Luke Skywalker (Final Duel)
- Imperial Astromech
- Buildable Dianoga trash compactor monster.
And finally, for the whole family, this Haunted Mansion version of the Game of Life ($39.95) will allow you to bring your favorite happy haunts home. This set includes a glow-in-the-dark game board, six Doom Buggy pawns, and hidden Mickeys all over the board. Plus, the board features elements of three of the Haunted Mansions around the world: Disneyland Resort’s Haunted Mansion, Magic Kingdom’s Haunted Mansion, and Disneyland Paris’s Phantom Manor. This is a great collectible for every Disney Parks fan, but your kids will love playing along with their favorite Disney attraction. What’s better than a game for the whole family this holiday season?
Which of these gifts will you add to your wish list this year?