In just under one month, the Holidays will kick off at Walt Disney World Resort, with the Spirit of the Season beginning November 12. However, one particular holiday celebration will begin a few days before the official Christmas kickoff. Disney Very Merriest After Hours — the replacement for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party — will begin on November 8 and run through December 21.
Disney Very Merriest After Hours will feature a number of exciting events, including Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade and Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks. However, Disney did not think that that was enough Christmas magic and is now going to be offering even more special events at the new party.
Disney Parks Blog shared more about what would be coming:
Disney Very Merriest After Hours just got even merrier, with “Mickey & Minnie’s Very Merry Memories” joining the lineup of event-exclusive entertainment. Guests attending Disney Very Merriest After Hours, a separately ticketed event at Magic Kingdom Park taking place on 24 select nights Nov. 8 – Dec. 21, 2021, are invited to join Mickey and his pals for a celebration filled with music, dancing and nostalgic yuletide fun. Presented on the Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage, the show features nods to classic Magic Kingdom holiday stage shows, including “Mickey’s Twas the Night Before Christmas,” “Celebrate the Season” and “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration.”
The new stage show — Mickey & Minnie’s Very Merry Memories — will combine popular stage shows from holiday seasons past in order to create the ultimate magical celebration. Mickey & Minnie’s Very Merry Memories will mark the first time that a stage show has returned to Magic Kingdom since the theme parks were forced to shut down in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here is more information about additional experiences that will be a part of Disney Very Merriest After Hours from Disney Parks Blog:
- Holiday attraction overlays are also making a comeback! The Jungle Cruise transforms into the Jingle Cruise, and Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor will get new jokes perfect for this joyful season.
- After the park closes to day guests, enjoy less time waiting in line for more than 20 attractions including favorites like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, The Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Peter Pan’s Flight, Space Mountain and more.
- Sightings of Disney characters throughout the park all dressed in their holiday best.
- While you are walking down Main Street, U.S.A. be sure to look up to the sky, you might catch some magical snowfall!
- Dance and boogie the night away at themed Club Tinsel dance party in Tomorrowland.
- Enjoy complimentary snacks like ice cream novelties and popcorn, seasonal treats and select bottled beverages.
- Specialty holiday food and drinks will also be available for purchase.
- Disney PhotoPass will offer holiday magic shots throughout the night.
Tickets for all Very Merriest After Hours are still available at this time and can be purchased by visiting the Walt Disney World website or by clicking here.
What part of Disney Very Merriest After Hours are you looking forward to most? Let us know in the comments!
CLICK HERE to book your Walt Disney World Resort vacation with our friends at Academy Travel – an EarMarked Diamond travel agency that can provide you with a free quote today!