On October 1, 2021, Guests rushed to Magic Kingdom in an attempt to purchase limited-edition merchandise. Due to the high demand of select items, Guests were seen arguing and lashing out inside the Emporium over items such as drink cups and tumblers. This resulted in angry shouts being heard across the store, the snatching of cups, and broken shelves.
Now, that famous 50th tumbler that caused so many altercations is available online at shopDisney.
Drink-in happy memories of the first 50 years of Walt Disney World with this commemorative tumbler and straw. The dynamic allover raised geometric design includes the logo for ”The World’s Most Magical Celebration.”
Magic in the details
Created especially for Walt Disney World Resort
- Cold beverage mug
- Allover raised geometric design
- One side features Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary logo
- One side features bas relief Starbucks logo
- Screw on lid
- Coordinating molded straw with ring at bottom so it won’t fall out
- Part of the Starbucks Collection developed exclusively for Disney Parks
- Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, opened October 1, 1971
- Part of the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Collection
The bare necessities
- For cold beverages only
- Wash thoroughly before first use
- Hand wash only
- Not dishwasher or microwave safe
- 9” H x 4” Diameter (11 1/2” H with straw)
- Holds 24 oz.
Additionally, the full 50th anniversary collection on shopDisney can be found here.
Select merchandise is also still available inside the theme parks. Be sure to check with a nearby Cast Member for exact information.
For more information on the 50th anniversary, visit our website here.
Do you love the 50th anniversary tumbler? Will you be purchasing one? Let us know in the comments below.
If you want to visit Disney World during the 50th anniversary celebrations to experience everything the parks have to offer, but aren’t sure where to begin planning — Don’t hesitate to reach out to our friends over at Academy Travel.