It wasn’t long ago that runDisney announced that in-person events are officially returning to Walt Disney World this year.
And just this morning, spots for one of the most popular events — Disney Wine & Dine 10K powered by AfterShokz — opened up to those wishing to participate. However, if you did not already secure a spot, we have some unfortunate news to share.
According to the official runDisney website, the Disney Wine & Dine 10K powered by AfterShokz has sold out within an hour of spots becoming available, which you can see reflected in the screenshot below.
With this being said, it is clear that runners are eager to get back to in-person events at Walt Disney World after running virtually for the last year due to the ongoing pandemic.
More on the Disney Wine & Dine 10k
If you are not familiar with the Disney Wine & Dine 10k, the official description reads:
Disney Wine & Dine 10K powered by AfterShokz
November 6, 2021
Start Time: 5:00 AM Eastern Time
Location: Walt Disney World Resort, Florida
Devour delicious miles where hijinks and fun abound on this 6.2 mile race through Walt Disney World Resort.
Club runDisney Gold and Platinum Registration begins July 6, 2021 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time.
General Registration opens July 13, 2021 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time.
Registration fee varies based on the date of purchase:
July 13 – August 9, 2021: $135
August 10 – October 31, 2021: $145
Prices do not include a 6.6% platform service fee.
While across businesses and communities COVID-19 guidelines are trending in a direction that could allow for a more familiar runDisney race experience, during the race weekend we may implement health and safety measures, such as face coverings, physical distancing and other requirements if they are deemed appropriate.
More on In-Person runDisney Events
Due to the ongoing pandemic, runDisney had to make several changes to their events, including having to move a handful of events to virtual. However, as we continue to move forward amidst the pandemic, runDisney is bringing back in-person events to Walt Disney World!
I don’t know about you, but I have never been more eager to run an in-person race. That’s why I’m so excited to share that runDisney races will return to Walt Disney World Resort this fall, kicking off the runDisney 2021-2022 race season! The season will include four events:
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend powered by AfterShokz: November 4-7, 2021
- Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend: January 5-9, 2022
- Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend: February 24-27, 2022
- runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend presented by Otterbox: March 31-April 3, 2022
Disney Parks Blog also shared some important information regarding in-person events, stating:
As COVID-19 guidelines may change before our return to on-site running, race weekends may not include every element from previous years. runDisney will continue to provide the latest updates to participants leading up to our race weekends, so keep an eye onfor all race details!
With the return of runDisney races to Walt Disney World, we’re excited to introduce some amazing new opportunities for our runners.
- runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend: Each race season, the fourth weekend will be the runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend that will include different race themes and distances each year.
- Disney Princess Sunrise Yoga: On the first morning of the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend, runDisney will host Disney Princess Sunrise Yoga in front of Cinderella Castle, before the theme park opens. The professionally led yoga session will be the most magical way to prepare your mind and body for a race!
- Virtual Races: All runDisney races will have a virtual race option, allowing runDisney fans across the country to participate in your favorite races, even if you can’t make it to Walt Disney World to run in person. Runners will be encouraged to run on the same morning of the on-site events, and will receive the same finisher medals!
- Just for Kids: The runDisney Kids Races during each event weekend will become runDisney Kids Adventures, focused on health, fitness, and fun for kids!
Are you going to participate in a runDisney event this year? Let us know in the comments below.