Toy Story Mania is a popular ride in Disney’s Hollywood Studios that allows Guests to go on a 4D shooting arcade adventure. Now, it looks as though Disney is gearing up to make some updates to the ride.
Walt Disney World has filed a permit for the location of Toy Story Mania at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Though the permit does not give many details, we know it is to “provide labor, material and/or electrical at the location of Toy Story Mania.”
It is important to note that the permit filed could be for any type of work — from something as small as cosmetic work to something bigger such as improving the shooters or graphics within the ride. Disney has not announced that the attraction will close for refurbishment anytime soon, but Inside the Magic will update you as we get information.
Disney has filed several other permits as of late, including 11 permits to improve WiFi at Disney’s Polynesian Resort, one permit that indicates Typhoon Lagoon may reopen soon, and a handful for the Ticket and Transportation Center, which could have something to do with the 50th anniversary!
More on Toy Story Mania
Step inside Andy’s room and make your way through a toy chest full of classic games before picking up a pair of special 3D glasses. Then, board a carnival-inspired tram and use your spring-action shooter to take your best shot at an array of moving targets.
Compete with other players for the highest score on all the fast-paced games.
May the best toy win!
Fun & Games
There are 5 fast-paced games to play. As each game is completed, your tram will spin and slide to the next game.
- Hamm & Eggs — Fire hardboiled eggs at targets in the barnyard.
- Rex & Trixie’s Dino Darts — Launch darts and pop balloons in front of a prehistoric volcano.
- Green Army Men Shoot Camp — Aim your baseballs at dinner plates at the firing range.
- Buzz Lightyear’s Flying Tossers — Toss rings and catch some aliens.
- Woody’s Rootin’ Tootin’ Shootin’ Gallery — Shoot suction-cup-tipped darts at targets inspired by the “Woody’s Roundup” TV show.
Why do you think Disney filed this permit for Toy Story Mania? Let us know in the comments below.