It’s officially February, which means it’s time for the Valentine’s Day season for the next couple of weeks! Though many show their affection for their loved ones all year long, now is the time to show them a little extra love and attention. The Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort is giving us a little more magic back just in time to celebrate the sweetest time of year.
Celebrating Valentine’s Day at Downtown Disney
Just last week, Governor Gavin Newsom lifted the stay-at-home order for all regions in California, which meant that outdoor dining could return to Downtown Disney. To adhere to state guidelines, only the restaurants with outdoor dining at Downtown Disney and its extension into Disney California Adventure on Buena Vista Street, will re-open to Guests at this time. The available options are listed below.
Because there has been such a high demand for dining now that the stay-at-home order is no longer in-place, the Disneyland Resort dining reservation system is back up for some of the restaurants, so if you’re looking to celebrate Valentine’s Day over the next couple weeks at the Happiest Place on Earth, try to make a dining reservation!
- Naples Ristorante e Bar
- Uva Bar & Café
- Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen
- Tortilla Jo’s
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes
- Ballast Point Brewing Co.
- Starting Feb. 5, Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining on Buena Vista Street
- Starting Feb. 5, Smokejumpers Grill
- Starting Feb. 5, Award Wieners
Downtown Disney Valentine’s Day Presents
Downtown Disney is a great spot for a pampering shopping spree and treats too! Even if you’re heading down on your own to shop for a surprise gift for your significant other, you’ll find all you need to express how much you love your person in the most Disney way. Disney Parks Blog shared the magical Valentine’s Day special items you’ll be able to find at Downtown Disney this year.
- Invite someone to be yours with a “Bee Mine” apple, enrobed in red chocolate and decorated with white and dark chocolate with a cute little chocolate bee, available now through Feb. 14 at Marceline’s Confectionery and Trolley Treats on Buena Vista Street.
- Kayla’s Cake macarons are so pretty, it’s easy to say: “Just as beautiful as you” when presenting a premium box of six with flavors including rose champagne heart, sea salt caramel and mango dragon fruit.
- What makes a meal from Earl of Sandwich complete? Heart-shaped cookies and brownie desserts paired with a sandwich and a drink.
- And you can’t go wrong with a Red Velvet Cake Batter Shake on the patio at Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes.
- Ballast Point Brewing Co. is offering two Valentine bundles for beer lovers: The Single and The Taken, presented in red Ballast Point buckets.** See location for details and here’s a hint: crowlers!
- Stop at Sugarboo & Co. for a sterling silver necklace from the Air Mail collection. Each necklace comes with an envelope to mail your gift to a special someone, with a message of your choice.
- Looking for something rad for your loved one? Look no further than Curl Surf for the latest in beach styles.
- Pink Minnie Mouse ear headbands and Alex and Ani bracelets are sure to please. Or introduce a friend to new Disney nuiMOs, available at World of Disney and Disneyland Resort Backlot Premiere Shop. You’ll adore these miniature character plush, and they have outfits and accessories for a fashionable twist!
- The Disney fan in your life will treasure something to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Disney California Adventure park. A limited assortment, including t-shirts with the anniversary logo, will be available starting Feb. 8 at World of Disney and Elias and Co.
A Star Wars Valentine
And for all of us Star Wars fans, there’s one valentine that we’re super excited about coming to Downtown Disney very soon. We’ll have to wait until after Valentine’s Day, but starting February 19, we’ll be able to shop at the Star Wars Trading Post at the former Downtown Disney Rainforest Cafe!
After a very successful temporary takeover of the WonderGround Gallery, which will also re-open February 19, Disney decided on a more permanent Star Wars shop. We couldn’t be more excited to check out this new shop that will feature Rey’s speeder and so many more other items!
Anyone have plans for a date at Downtown Disney to celebrate Valentine’s Day?