If you could pick one sweet treat that represents all of winter and the holiday season, what would it be? How about peppermint bark or hot cocoa with marshmallows — Or what if it’s both? Well, leave it to Disney to create a wintertime staple at Disneyland that embodies all of that in a Peppermint Marshmallow Wand.
It’s always such a blast to watch the treat makers at the Candy Palace and Candy Kitchen at Disneyland Park, Trolley Treats at Disney California Adventure, and Marceline’s Confectionery at Downtown Disney District. What if you could trade places with the candy makers for one day to recreate this decadent treat? You don’t have to, because Marceline’s Confectionary shared the recipe so now you can turn this holiday treat into a holiday activity with your family!
Peppermint Marshmallow Wands
Recipe Source: Disney Parks Blog via Marceline’s Confectionary
Disney Description- Fluffy marshmallows dipped in caramel and dark chocolate covered in crushed peppermint candy.
- 2 (12 ounce) jars hot caramel topping
- 8 large lollipop sticks
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 (10-ounce bag) dark melting chocolate
- 1 cup crushed peppermints (15 candy canes, crushed)
- Melt caramel in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Keep warm.
- Dip one end of each lollipop stick in 1 inch of water. Skewer 3 marshmallows onto each stick, starting at the wet end.
- Dip marshmallows into caramel, gently tapping to remove excess caramel and place on parchment paper. Cool caramel at room temperature for 30 minutes, until caramel is set.
- Melt dark chocolate in medium saucepan over low heat. Keep warm.
- Place crushed peppermint in shallow bowl.
- Dip caramel-coated marshmallows into melted dark chocolate, gently tapping to remove excess chocolate. Gently roll wand in crushed peppermint place on clean parchment paper. Repeat for all wands.
- Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes, until chocolate is set.
More Marceline’s Holiday Treats
When I think of Marceline’s I think of Minnie Mouse Rice Krispy Treats and how they’re always dressed up for the seasons. You can take the copycat recipe for Disney’s Mickey Mouse Rice Krispy Treat and turn it into this holiday Minnie Mouse Rice Krispy Treat.
Disney Description- Minnie Holiday Crispy: Crisped rice cereal treat dipped in milk chocolate decorated with red sanding sugar, green candy-coated chocolate candies, and a red chocolate bow with green polka dots.
Maybe you’re more of a fan of the iconic Mickey and Minnie Caramel Apples of the Disney Parks, which also gets festive for the season. Turn this not-so-spooky Mickey Caramel Apple recipe into Christmas cheery ones with the Disney description of the holiday seasonal treats!
Minnie Holiday Apple: Granny Smith apple dipped in caramel and milk chocolate decorated with red sanding sugar, green candy-coated chocolate candies, and a red chocolate bow with green polka dots.
Mickey Snowman Apple: Granny Smith apple dipped in caramel and vanilla white chocolate decorated with dark chocolate, sour belt scarf, and chocolate top hat.
Another Disneyland holiday favorite that you can make at home is the Holiday Beignets. Use the Disney Beignet recipe or Gluten-Free Disney Beignet recipe to recreate the Hot Cocoa Beignets and Candy Cane Beignets at home! For the Hot Cocoa Beignet, dust with cocoa powdered sugar, drizzle with hot fudge and top with marshmallows. For the Candy Cane Beignets, dust with peppermint candy and powdered sugar.
Whatever Disneyland Holiday treat you’re making with your family this year, enjoy and have the happiest holidays!