It’s one week away from Christmas, and maybe you enjoy the last minute rush of holiday shopping, or have no idea what to get the Disney fan in your life that literally has everything. The holiday season usually comes with spending more money than you typically would the rest of the year, but that doesn’t have to be the case.
DIY holiday gifts are just as special and heartfelt and sometimes even more so because they’re homemade and effort went into putting them together. Saving money here and there is definitely another bonus too, so here are three ideas of holiday gifts for your Disney loving friends and family.
Disney Cookie Box
We shared 13 Best Disney Cookie Recipes for the Holidays that you can make for yourselves and gift to others. All you need to do is pick up a box and pick about half a dozen of these cookies to bake. It will take some time to bake all the cookies, but you can make multiples of these cookie boxes at the same time!
- Box, tin, or container (your local dollar store will usually have some great holiday options)
- Pound cake or cupcake wrappers
- Tissue paper (optional)
- Your pantry (and maybe a few extra items)
- Bake your assortment of cookies.
- Place wrappers in the box to separate the different cookies.
- Pop in the cookies.
- If the box has extra space, it’s good to stick some tissue paper in to fill the gaps to protect your cookies from rattling in the box and crumbling.
Mickey Mason Jar Cookie Kit
If time is of the essence or you don’t really want the mess of baking, you can always gift this Mickey Mason Jar Cookie Kit by Disney Family! Gifting this is like gifting a memory or experience to someone. They can gather with their family to make and enjoy these cookies together.
- Mason Jar
- Black construction paper or cardstock
- Double-sided tape
- Red ribbon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Measure out the above ingredients or the ingredients to a cookie recipe of your choosing. Layer the dry cookie mix ingredients inside a mason jar.
- Cut a small pair of Mickey ears out of black construction paper or cardstock. Leave an inch of paper below the ears. Fold and attach to the top of the Mason jar with double-sided tape.
- Tie a red bow around the Mason jar.
- Cut a recipe card sized sheet of paper, write out the cookie recipe corresponding to the ingredients in the jar and attach to the mason jar with twine.
Instructions for Baking
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large bowl, cream together ½ cup butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in 2 eggs and ¾ tsp vanilla until fluffy. Gradually beat flour into your butter mixture. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Chill your mixture in the freezer for 1-2 hours. Drop rolled teaspoonfuls of your mixture onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Cool slightly, remove from sheet to wire rack, and then cool completely.
Frozen-Inspired Hot Cocoa
This gift also from Disney Family that is great on its own or paired with either of two gifts above. I mean if you’ve really got a sweet tooth than dunking cookies into hot cocoa is a no-brainer. It’s a gift that can inspire time together and time together is always priceless. It’s great to be cuddled up on a cold evening and chatting over a cup of hot cocoa.
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/4 cups baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mini paper bags
- White cardstock paper
- Snowflake paper punch
- Coffee stirrers
- Double-sided tape
- White and blue ribbon
- White paint pen
- Mix sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and cinnamon to create a simple hot chocolate powder mix.
- Using stamps or a white paint pen, decorate the paper bags and pour one or two servings of cocoa mix into each bag and set aside.
- To make the snowflake stirrers, punch snowflakes out of white cardstock then wrap the tip of a wooden stirrer in double-sided tape and attach a snowflake to either side.
- Fold the paper bag as pictured and punch two holes near the top, lacing a ribbon into the holes and finishing with a ribbon.
- Tuck a stirrer into the bow and add extra décor to taste.
Other Disney Gift Guides
- Holiday Gift Guide: Support Disney Cast Members & Their Small Businesses
- Disney Holiday Gift Guide: Ideas perfect for the foodie in your life
- Disney Gift Guide: Magical Fashion at American Eagle
- The One Stop Shop For ‘The Mandalorian’ Baby Yoda Gifts!
- 10 Mermaid Gift Ideas For the Ariel Lover in Your Life!
- Disney Princess gift guide: Magical gifts for the princess fan in your life!
Will you be giving a Disney DIY gift to someone in your life this year?