As all the Disney “greats” do — this film teaches a strong lesson about doing the right thing and building lasting friendships. Even between the most unlikely pair — Pacha and Emperor Kuzco — voiced by John Goodman and David Spade.
The Emperor’s New Groove: An Under-Appreciated Disney Movie
D23 Shares The Emperors New Groove Fun Facts
- Throughout the film if you look closely, you can see multiple hidden llamas! One of the ones that D23 specifically pointed out was in the scene where Kronk had poisoned all of the drinks. Yzma dumps her drink into the plant — and when the frame changes, the regular plant is now shaped like a llama!
- Sting wrote the films intro song “Perfect World” which was performed by famous singer Tom Jones.
- Patrick Warburton — the voice actor of Kronk — made up his own atonal theme song in the scene where Kronk is leaving the city to get rid of Kuzco. This song is not on the films official soundtrack, along with Yzma’s song — Snuff out the Light.
- Eartha Kitt — who voiced Yzma — also played cat woman in the original Batman television show. This is part of the reason why her character was turned into a cat when they were animating the film.
- Eartha Kitt has also voiced characters in other popular Disney films. Another recent feline friend, she voiced Bagheera in Disney’s live action rendition of The Jungle Book.
Which one of these Emperor’s New Groove fun facts is your favorite?