Yesterday we reported that the Downtown Disney District had reached capacity within 5 minutes into their opening. Now, we’re hearing that it will be another busy day at Downtown Disney.
— Disneyland AP (@DisneylandAP) September 27, 2020
This post was just found on the DisneylandAP Twitter page. It seems as if capacity has been reached before the Downtown Disney District has even opened. The post updated guests within 10 minutes prior to their opening.
The Tweet states that Guests with dining reservations will be allowed entrance at this time. For all other Guests, they will have to wait until parking and entry will continue.
The Simba Parking Lot generally opens at about 9:45 am, which is 15 minutes prior to the district’s opening. So, for the area to already reach capacity within this 15 minute period is quite shocking. The district has been seeing crowd influx like this during the weekends especially since they’ve included indoor dining. The district was even reaching capacity during the height of the California wildfires.
If you are planning on braving the crowds in the near future, the Disneyland Resort would like to make Guests aware of all the new protocol. Here’s what they have to say about what to know before you go:
- Parking at the Simba Lot only and clearly defined entrances to the Downtown Disney District
- Temperature screenings prior to entry
- Face coverings are required for Guests ages 2 and older
- Physical distancing measures, including physically-distanced queues and seating, and physical barriers at select locations
- Temporary operations modifications, including reduced hours at select locations and the suspension of entertainment offerings and high-touch interactive areas
- An increased focus on cleaning and sanitation, including the addition of hand-washing stations and hand sanitizers in key areas