I don’t know about you, but I absolutely love a fun holiday! Whether it’s national matching sock day, margarita day or donut day (I definitely lean towards the sweeter one’s), there is truly always something fun and lighthearted that we can celebrate. This week just so happens to be waffle week, and luckily for us — there is no shortage of amazing waffle recipes at the Walt Disney World Resort. It’s a great time to be a Disney fan!
Chocolate Waffle Recipe From a Sweet Disney Cookbook
The Disney Parks Blog wanted to help us all kick off waffle week strong, so they shared an incredibly popular and mouthwatering recipe for chocolate waffles with espresso frozen mousse. Can you say sugar-rush? These waffles were influenced by a slightly different but just as tasty offering at Tamu Tamu refreshments in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Want to make this copycat recipe for yourself? Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons espresso or strongly brewed coffee
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/8 cup semisweet chocolate chips
I know that seems like quite the long list of ingredients, but this waffle and mouse recipe is super easy to make! Let’s get started!
For Espresso Mousse
- Place white chocolate chips into a medium heatproof bowl; set aside.
- Combine 1 cup heavy cream and espresso in a small saucepan over high heat; heat until very hot but not boiling. Pour hot cream over white chocolate chips, whisking until melted and smooth.
- Add egg yolks, whisking until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip remaining 3 cups cream to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold whipped cream into white chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Dollop mousse into a lightly greased muffin tin. Freeze until hard.
For Chocolate Sauce
- Whisk together heavy cream, sugar, water, corn syrup, and cocoa in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook, whisking often, until sugar is dissolved.
- Lower heat to low; whisk in chocolate chips until completely melted. Keep warm until ready to use.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl.
- Whisk together milk and egg in a separate bowl.
- Combine butter and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20 seconds; remove from microwave and stir for 10 seconds, then microwave 10 seconds more. Remove from microwave and stir; if chocolate isn’t melted, microwave 10 seconds more.
- Add melted chocolate and butter mixture to milk and egg mixture.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Cook waffles in a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
*This recipe is courtesy of the Disney Parks Blog and belongs to Disney*
Will you be trying out this tasty chocolate waffle and mousse Disney Recipe?