Lately, numerous signs have been pointing to the fact that Disneyland Resort is preparing for reopening, no matter how far away that might be. As Disney Parks officials await word from California Governor Gavin Newsom, many steps are being taken to ensure that the resort is 100% ready when the green light is given.
In addition to inspecting iconic rides like the Matterhorn Bobsleds, Disneyland has added new health and safety signs to the entrances of both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure.
Now, even more reopening prep is underway with the installation of self-pay parking kiosks. In a recent video, YouTube channel Five Fires shared the new “Self Pay Parking” area in Disneyland’s Simba parking lot, adjacent to Downtown Disney as well as the Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
At the time the video was taken, the self pay parking fixtures were not yet operational, but they will presumably be up-and-running prior to the reopening of the Disneyland and Disney California Adventure theme parks.
Five Fires also shared a closer view of the new Disneyland parking kiosks. Though the units are still wrapped in plastic, it appears that there will be four self-pay parking credit card payment machines per bay.
It is not yet known how many of these bays will be installed throughout Disneyland Resort’s parking areas. So far, they have been installed at the Simba parking lot, which is currently free for all Guests visiting Downtown Disney. However, once the Simba lot starts charging for parking again in the future, these self-pay stations will be much more convenient than the previous situation (which required Guests to hand over their parking ticket from their car as they left the lot, often causing a bit of a line to leave).
Self pay parking is just one of the many steps The Walt Disney Company is taking to increase contactless interactions for Guests and Cast Members amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Disneyland Resort currently has the following health and safety information on their official website:
- The Downtown Disney District has begun a phased reopening.
- The Hotels of the Disneyland Resort remain closed and will reopen at a later date.
- Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park remain closed and will reopen at a later date, pending state and local government approvals.
- Upon reopening, certain parks, hotels, restaurants, attractions, experiences and other offerings will be modified or unavailable, will have limited capacity and will be subject to limited availability or even closure, and park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. View important details.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. View important details.
Watch the full Five Fires YouTube video, including details about Minnie and Minnie’s Runaway Railway construction, below:
What do you think about the new Disneyland self pay parking? Will you be returning to Disneyland Resort as soon as it reopens?
If you are thinking about planning a Disney theme park vacation now, our friends at Academy Travel can help you book a trip to Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. Whether you want to visit just the iconic Magic Kingdom or you are hoping to get Park Pass reservations for all four Disney World theme parks, they are there to help you plan every detail of your dream Disney park excursion.