Just announced on the Disney Parks Blog that Christmas will in fact be returning to Walt Disney Resort this year on November 6th!
Christmas at Walt Disney World
Here is a breakdown of all the important details from the official announcement for the holiday season at Disney World from Nov 6th-Dec 30th:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom to receive “festive flotillas”
- Holiday Promenades at EPCOT
- Merry Motorcades at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Santa at all four parks and Disney Springs
- Magic Kingdom to showcase the Toy Soldiers with the Main Street Philharmonic.
- Special Projection on Cinderella Castle instead of “Castle Dream Lights”
- Minnie Mouse hosts dining at Hollywood & Vine in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Santa Goofy and other famous friends in holiday-themed outfits will be in attendance
- Disney Springs hosts Christmas Tree-Trail
- Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar will transform into Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar at Disney Springs
- Disney Springs will have magical snowfall in the evening
- Novemebr 27th “highlights” from EPCOT’s Festival of the Holidays food will begin being served at World Showecase
- Joyful! Returns to sing at EPCOT
What is NOT returning this year – click on the links below to read our in-depth articles on each canceled event.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Candlelight Processional
- Castle Dream Lights/ The Christmas lights on Cinderella’s Castle
- Walt Disney Resorts Gingerbread House Displays
Here is the official announcement from Disney Parks Blog,
We know how much our guests love the holidays, so from Nov. 6-Dec. 30, they will be able to enjoy festive décor, themed merchandise, seasonal food & beverage offerings and entertainment all across Walt Disney World Resort. Holiday magic will be in full force at the four theme parks and Disney Springs, and Santa Claus will make time for special pop-up appearances at each location, waving and exclaiming holiday wishes to all.
Guests will be delighted by the sight of festive flotillas at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, holiday promenades at EPCOT and merry motorcades at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Character cavalcades at Magic Kingdom Park will take on a special holiday twist, with Christmas friends on festive floats in their holiday finest. Gingerbread Men? Check! Elves and Reindeer? Check, check! And, my personal favorite, the Toy Soldiers, will join the Main Street Philharmonic as they march through Magic Kingdom Park, bringing musical holiday cheer for all to hear.When night falls, special projection effects will give a festive look to Cinderella Castle this year, providing a colorful backdrop for our guests’ photos. The appearance of the iconic castle will be transformed with a rotating series of designs including a whimsical Christmas sweater and a regal overlay of red, green and gold ornamentation. This will be in place of the Castle Dream Lights. Other holiday experiences that draw big crowds will be on hiatus this year as well, such as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and Candlelight Processional at EPCOT. We know these experiences are a cherished part of holiday traditions that will be missed by guests and cast members alike, but we’re glad to be able to bring holiday magic in other creative ways.
Here is a video posted to the official Disney Parks youtube channel that accompanies this exciting announcement!
How do you feel about all of these changes? Are you excited? Let us know in the comments!