Still want to cancel your Annual Pass? We just learned that the queue for Walt Disney World’s V.I.Passholder Support phone line will remain open through midnight ET tonight.
According to the Walt Disney World website:
If you have not selected any option (no action) and would like to cancel your pass(es), please refer to the email from Disney Destinations on July 14, 2020 and use the personalized link available through August 11, 2020. Or, you may contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. If you are in the V.I.PASSHOLDER Support phone queue by midnight Eastern Time on August 11, please stay on the line and your call will be handled by one of our Cast Members. If you have further questions, concerns or unique circumstances, now or after August 11, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support for assistance. We appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.
We at Inside the Magic have strived to keep out audience updated on the annual passholder situation, reminding them this past weekend of the incoming deadline. Earlier today, we also reported that APs faced extremely long wait times on Walt Disney World’s V.I.Passholder support line in order to get their pass canceled or refunded. Some even reported waiting over 90 minutes.
While the wait time can be concerning, Annual Passholders still looking to take advantage of the cancellation opportunity should not worry. As long as they are in the queue before midnight, they will be attended to.
If you are looking to join in the queue and take advantage of the opportunity, here are some things to remember:
If you are an Annual Passholder that has paid in full, your options are:
- If you prefer, and in lieu of the one-month extension, you may choose to cancel your annual pass(es). Your pass will remain valid through August 11, 2020 and will be canceled effective August 12, 2020. You will be refunded for the remaining access days of your annual pass from July 11, 2020 through your pass expiration date (as extended, if applicable). Refunds to original form of payment can be expected by mid- to late September. Refunds may take up to an additional month to receive if original form of payment is not available. To request this option, contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277.
If you are an Annual Passholder on the monthly payment plan, your options are:
- Cancel your pass(es). If you prefer, and in lieu of the additional one-month extension, you may choose to cancel your annual pass(es).
- Monthly payments will be stopped starting August 12, 2020. Your pass(es) will remain valid through August 11, 2020 and will be canceled effective August 12, 2020.
- You may also be eligible for an automatically processed partial refund if your payments exceeded the usable value of your pass(es) per the details here on how partial refunds, if applicable, are calculated.
- Refunds to original form of payment can be expected by mid- to late September. If original form of payment is not available, you should expect a check by mid- to late October.
Annual Passholders are instructed to contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277.