Today is officially the last day for Walt Disney World Resort Annual Passholders to cancel their passes.
Over the weekend, we reported that the deadline for current APs to cancel their Walt Disney World Annual Passes was quickly approaching. In that article — which we linked below — you will find instructions on how to cancel your Disney World Annual Pass as well as what the WDW website specifically states Passholders should do if they want to take advantage of a cancellation or refund.
Now, as APs scramble to cancel their passes on the last day possible, they are having to endure long wait times over the phone in order to hopefully connect with a Disney Cast Member.
Has anyone had luck with canceling their @WaltDisneyWorld @WDWGuestService APs? We’ve been trying for weeks. Either wait times are too long,we get disconnected,or busy signals. We have a monthly payment plan &they gave us a different number on Sat but long times + disconnections
— Lizzie (@BigThunderMama) August 11, 2020
It took about 1hr 45 minutes of being on hold. They said it will take till middle of Sept till I would see a refund and its a different section that calculates amount.
— Michael nardone (@Michaelnardone4) August 11, 2020
— Chelsea Tatham Zukowski (@ChelseaTatham) August 11, 2020
The official Walt Disney World Resort website states the following instructions for Annual Passholders who want to cancel their passes by today:
If you are an Annual Passholder that has paid in full, your options are:
- If you prefer, and in lieu of the one-month extension, you may choose to cancel your annual pass(es). Your pass will remain valid through August 11, 2020 and will be canceled effective August 12, 2020. You will be refunded for the remaining access days of your annual pass from July 11, 2020 through your pass expiration date (as extended, if applicable). Refunds to original form of payment can be expected by mid- to late September. Refunds may take up to an additional month to receive if original form of payment is not available. To request this option, contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277.
If you are an Annual Passholder on the monthly payment plan, your options are:
- Cancel your pass(es). If you prefer, and in lieu of the additional one-month extension, you may choose to cancel your annual pass(es).
- Monthly payments will be stopped starting August 12, 2020. Your pass(es) will remain valid through August 11, 2020 and will be canceled effective August 12, 2020.
- You may also be eligible for an automatically processed partial refund if your payments exceeded the usable value of your pass(es) per the details here on how partial refunds, if applicable, are calculated.
- Refunds to original form of payment can be expected by mid- to late September. If original form of payment is not available, you should expect a check by mid- to late October.
Note that in order to take action, Annual Passholders are instructed to contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. Some Annual Passholders received an email from Disney Destinations that provided a personalized link to cancel their Annual Passes online. However, many have reported that they did not receive the email with that link and therefore are having to call the support number.
Also, note that Disney has stated that if you are an Annual Passholder who already canceled your Annual Pass, then you do not need to call. Your pass should have already been canceled. Some WDW APs are reporting that they are experiencing long hold times as they attempt to try to confirm with Disney that their passes have been canceled.
Going on 1.5 hour hold with @WaltDisneyWorld trying to get confirmation that my AP was canceled back on July 27th when I was on the phone for 1 hour 24 minutes. 🤯😢
— LCRichardson (@lcarlisle21) August 11, 2020
We wish every AP the best of luck during this time.