If your dog’s treat container could use a refresh, look no further than this adorable DIY craft project to help you celebrate International Dog Day!
Disney designed this project for families to do together, giving you and your kids a fun activity to try. Full instructions for this 101 Dalmatians dog treat jar can be found below.
Dog-It-Yourself Disney Dog Treat Jar (Courtesy of Disney)
What You Need:
- A mason jar (desired size, depending on how many dog biscuits you plan to fill it with)
- A writing utensil (pen or pencil)
- Tape or glue
- Black and gold paper
- Kid-friendly safety scissors
- Non-toxic black and white paint
- Paint brushes
- Red ribbon
What You Do:
- Paint the jar all white. Let dry.
- Add circles using a paint pen or black paint. Let dry.
- Paint mason jar lid with black paint. Let dry.
- Cut out dog ears using two triangle shapes with rounded edges, plus a little extra to fold and attach to lid. *Remember, all cutting should be done by an adult or with adult supervision for older kids.
- Cut out a 1-inch circle dog tag from gold metallic or plain yellow paper.
- Hole punch the top of the tag, then write your dog’s name on it!
- Cut red ribbon a little longer than the circumference of the top of the jar.
- Glue or tape ears to the lid.
- Glue or tape ribbon along jar’s rim. Then, glue or tape the dog tag to the ribbon.
- Add treats and wait for your dog to beg for one!
We that this is the to add a bit of subtle Disney magic to any countertop! Not to mention anything that keeps your easily accessible is a win in our book.
We hope this DIY Disney dog treat jar project helps you celebrate International Dog Day at home today! Do you have a dog in your house or are you going to honor animated Disney dogs, like Pluto, Pongo, and Perdita?