Despite the fact that this writer is doing everything she can to cling to summer, fall is fast approaching. With the official start of the autumn season just over a month away, it’s time to start thinking about decorating with leaves, pumpkins, and pinecones!
This adorable DIY Winnie the Pooh wreath embodies all of the best things about fall’s blustery days! The best part? It’s the perfect weekend craft for you and your kids to make together!
Winnie the Pooh Fall Wreath (Courtesy of Disney Family)
What You Need:
- Wreath made of twigs, branches, or straw
- Faux autumn leaves
- Small piece of wood (about 2″ x 5″)
- 1 sheet of felt
- Hot glue
- Fall-themed stickers
- Honey pot
- Winnie the Pooh plush
What You Do:
- Prep a “Welcome Fall” sign by writing on a small piece of wood with marker. Add fall-themed stickers for extra flair. Set aside. (As an alternate idea, you could paint the wooden sign and set aside to dry.)
- Cut a thin strip of felt, about 1″ wide and 8″ long. Trim the ends to create a fringe effect. This will become Winnie the Pooh’s fall scarf!
- Wrap the scarf around your wreath and hot glue ends in place.
- Hot glue autumn leaves, pine cones, and acorns around the wreath. Use hot glue to attach the “Welcome Fall” sign.
- Carefully hot glue the honey pot into place. Make sure to use plenty of glue. (You might also consider securing into place with fishing wire.)
- Attach Winnie the Pooh to the wreath with hot glue. Wrap the miniature felt scarf around his neck to make him cozy and warm for the season.
- Hang the wreath on your front door!
If you find it easier to follow video instructions, Disney Family has shared the following tutorial for this fall Disney wreath:
Winnie the Pooh Fall Wreath | Disney DIY | Disney Family
Do you plan to make this DIY Winnie the Pooh wreath for your front door this fall? Tell us how your project goes in the comments!