It’s still the height of summer and there’s no better time to enjoy s’mores around a campfire than the middle of August! Today, August 10, happens to be National S’mores Day and Disney is celebrating by sharing a recipe straight from Disney Springs.
Although this s’mores gelato shake is not currently on the menu at D-Luxe Burger, the Disney culinary team is making it easy for you to try it at home by providing the full milkshake recipe. Yum!
S’mores Gelato Shake (Courtesy of Disney)
What You Need:
- 12 ounces vanilla gelato
- 1/2 ounce dark chocolate sauce
- 1 ounce toasted marshmallow syrup
- 1 tsp crushed graham crackers
- Whipped cream, to garnish
- Mini marshmallows, to garnish
- Graham cracker, to garnish
- Dark chocolate sauce, to garnish
What You Do:
- Blend vanilla gelato, dark chocolate sauce, toasted marshmallow syrup, and crushed graham crackers until smooth. Serve in tall glass. Garnish with whipped cream, mini marshmallows, graham cracker, and a drizzle of dark chocolate sauce.
Chef’s Note: At D-Luxe Burger, the vanilla gelato is made in-house, but for this recipe vanilla gelato can be purchased from the grocery store. Toasted marshmallow syrup can be found at specialty grocery stores.
The restaurant’s official description reads:
Sometimes you simply can’t ignore an undeniable craving for a meal packed with all-American staples. Rest assured, you have a surefire place to go at Disney Springs once it takes hold. Aside from the classic cheeseburger and Buffalo chicken sandwich, you’ll find signature creations you really need to taste to believe. Plus, all fries come with your choice of house-made dipping sauces like curry ketchup and creamy garlic ranch.
In the mood to shake it up? Be sure to explore the section of the menu devoted to artisanal gelato shakes and floats. The unexpected ingredient combos are definitely cause for a sweet celebration!
Are you going to try this Disney Springs s’mores milkshake recipe today? What else are you doing to celebrate National S’mores Day?