ABC announced that the 2021 American Idol will follow the same scheme as this years show. Last season, due to the pandemic worldwide, the show American Idol decided to turn the live show portion of the program into the first-ever remote shows. Finalists on the show started to perform from home and following all social isolation measurements.
With the future of the show and people’s safety in mind, ABC announced the “Idol Across America,” a virtual audition tour via the video chat platform Zoom. The remote auditions will take place in all fifty states, as well as Washington D.C., in search for the next superstar.
According to the official American Idol website, “Idol Across America” will make auditions easier than ever.
The kickoff to season four will give hopefuls the chance to showcase their talents from anywhere in America, across any official audition date and face-to-face with an “American Idol” producer, staying true to its roots by providing aspiring Idols real-time feedback on their journey to being crowned the next American Idol.
After all, you can audition on any “Idol Across America” date regardless of your location!
The audition kickoff date is on August 10 starting with Delaware, Florida, and Ohio.
Dates and States
“Idol Across America” auditions will be held as follows (subject to change):
– Delaware, Florida and Ohio (Aug 10)
– Louisiana, Missouri and Wisconsin (Aug 12)
– Arizona, Oregon and Washington (Aug. 14)
– Georgia, Maryland, Washington D.C. and Rhode Island (Aug 16)
– Open Call Auditions (Aug 17)
– Alabama, Arkansas and Kansas (Aug 18)
– Idaho, New Mexico and Utah (Aug. 20)
– Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Texas (Aug 22)
– Michigan, Tennessee and Virginia (Aug 24)
– Open Call Auditions (Aug 25)
– Iowa, Mississippi and Oklahoma (Aug 26)
– Illinois, Indiana and Minnesota (Aug 28)
– Connecticut, New Jersey and New York (Aug 30)
– Colorado, Montana, Nevada and Wyoming (Sep 1)
– Maine, South Carolina and West Virginia (Sep 3)
– Alaska, California and Hawaii (Sep 5)
– Kentucky, New Hampshire and Pennsylvania (Sep 7)
– Massachusetts, North Carolina and Vermont (Sep 9)
If you are interested in becoming the next American Idol, you can register for an audition by clicking here. You can also watch the video from the 2020 winner, Just Sam, where he gives tips to rock your audition!
Just as a reminder, you must be between 15 – 28 years old to audition.
What do you think of “Idol Across America”? Will you be auditioning, or know anyone who will? Let us know in the comments bellow.