If you want to up-the-ante in your kitchen, there’s no better recipe to try than this chocolate soufflé from Disney Cruise Line’s exclusive Palo restaurant. The adults-only establishment can be found on all four Disney cruise ships: the Disney Dream, the Disney Fantasy, the Disney Magic, and the Disney Wonder.
Palo is inspired by the gorgeous scenery and delicious foods of Northern Italy, providing diners with an unforgettable experience. Find the full dessert recipe, generously shared by the Disney Cruise Line culinary team, below.
Chocolate Soufflé from Palo (Courtesy of Disney)
What You Need:
- 3 tablespoons butter, plus more for greasing the soufflé cups
- 6 tablespoons sugar, plus more for dusting the soufflé cups
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa
- 2 ounces (2/3 cup) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 4 eggs, separated
- Vanilla Sauce (recipe follows)
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Set a full kettle of water on to boil.
- Butter six 4-ounce soufflé cups and coat with sugar; set aside.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a small saucepan. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cocoa to the butter and beat with a whisk to a smooth, paste-like consistency. Reduce heat and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add the hot milk, whisking until smooth, then blend in melted chocolate. Let cool for 5 minutes, then stir in egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until frothy. Slowly add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff, glossy peaks form. Stir a heaping spoonful of egg whites into the chocolate, then fold in the remaining whites just until combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared soufflé cups. Place cups in a large baking dish and add enough boiling water to reach halfway the sides of the soufflé cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately, with warm vanilla sauce.
For Vanilla Sauce:
What You Need:
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 small egg yolks
What You Do:
- Bring cream and vanilla bean to a low boil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Combine sugar and egg yolks.
- Add 2 spoonfuls of boiling cream to egg mixture and stir well, then pour back into the remaining cream and continue to cook over low heat, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes.
Video instructions for this incredible with ! are also available. For best results, serve this
Other fun Disney recipes:
- High Seas Cocktail: Enjoy This Bloody Mary From Palo on Disney Cruise Line!
- Recipes: These Disney Cruise Line Milkshakes Will Crave Your Sweet Tooth
- Recipe: These Beautiful Stained Glass Mickey Cookies Are The Perfect Dessert For Spring
Are you going to try your hand at this Disney Cruise Line chocolate soufflé recipe? Tell us how yours turns out in the comments!