Lazy summer days call for sunshine, swimming, and lots of picnics. These adorable Mickey Mouse pie pops are the perfect treat for any summer afternoon.
Find the full recipe for the Disney mini pies below.
Mickey Mouse Pie Pops (Courtesy of Disney)
What You Need:
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust
- 2.5″ circle cookie cutter
- 1″ circle cookie cutter
- 20 lollipop sticks
- 1 21 oz can cherry pie filling (could substitute preferred pie filling flavor)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle flour onto working surface. Unroll pie crusts.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out bigger circles and smaller circles out of the dough. You will need 2 bigger circles and 2 smaller circles for each pie pop.
- Place bigger dough circles onto greased cookie sheet or baking pan. Lightly press lollipop stick into crust so it rests in the center of the circle.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of pie filling onto each pie pop.
- Place two smaller circles at the top of each pie pop for Mickey’s ears.
- Top pie pop with another circle of dough and use a lollipop stick or fork to press around each circle to seal the pie shut.
- Beat egg in a small bowl. Brush each pie pop lightly and top with a sprinkle of sugar.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow pies to cool completely before serving.
If you prefer visual recipes, there’s also a video tutorial to help you make Mickey pie pops.
We’re excited that grilling season is finally upon us again and we know these tiny pies would be the perfect complement to any outdoor barbecue. They’re sure to be a hit with all ages and the sticks make them easier to hold than traditional pieces of pie (great for tiny hands!)
If you would prefer a sweet treat, substitute melted chocolate or chocolate mousse for pie filling!
Will this yummy Mickey Mouse pie pop recipe be part of your family’s backyard adventures this summer season? Tell us in the comments!
Try some of our favorite Disney-inspired sweet treat recipes below:
- Winnie the Pooh Lemon Bars
- Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treat
- Chip’s Sticky Bun Bake
- Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Cone Cookie