The official Universal Orlando twitter account announced today Universal Orlando Annual Passholders will be receiving an email with a link to sign up for the reopening preview. Have you received your email yet?
#UOAP Reopening Preview Update!
Stay up-to-date throughout the day today for registration details.
— Universal Orlando Resort (@UniversalORL) May 29, 2020
Universal Orlando just announced their official reopening date as June 5th and annual passholders have started getting emails with an invitation to come back to the fun!
During the press conference with the Reopen Florida Task Force last Thursday, Universal leaders shared Annual Passholders would be able to visit the parks June 3-4 so the resort can test the new health and safety measures.
The email details all the health and safety measures that Universal Orlando set in place to keep their team members and guests safe. It also details information about Annual Passes getting reactivated. Universal had paused annual passholder passes and payments until the resort reopened, promising an extension for the days the resort remained closed.
The email also specified that AP’s will have the number of days the resort was closed added to their AP and that future communication with more details is forthcoming.
According to the official press release:
We will begin limited operation of select venues at Universal Orlando’s CityWalk on Thursday, May 14 as we take the first steps toward reopening our destination. The health and safety of our guests and team members remains our top priority and we are taking specific measures that include screening our guests and team members, social distancing and requiring everyone to wear a face covering. We will also be limiting capacity at venues and increasing our already-aggressive cleaning and disinfection procedures.
Select venues are scheduled to open daily from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. and include:
- Select full-service restaurants and quick-service food locations: Red Oven Pizza Bakery, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant & Market, Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville (outside seating and Lone Palm area only), Voodoo Doughnut and Auntie Anne’s. Each restaurant will have a limited menu and limited seating available.
- Universal Studios Store, Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company’s retail shop and select merchandise carts as well as Hollywood Drive-In Golf
We will continue to monitor conditions and make adjustments as we move forward. Additional venues may be added over time and hours of operations are subject to change. We will continue to work closely with local health officials and our own health and safety experts and adhere to CDC guidelines. Here are specifics:
- Our team members will undergo temperature checks and will wear face coverings.
- We will implement temperature checks for each guest upon arrival. If a guest has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater, they will not be able to enter CityWalk.
- We will require guests to wear face coverings during their visit. We will have face coverings available for purchase at cost.
- Each venue will limit capacity to help enforce social distancing, and all chairs and tables will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each seating. High-touch surfaces throughout CityWalk will be frequently cleaned and disinfected as well.
- Cashless payments will be available at all venues, and self-parking will be complimentary.
We encourage guests to follow CDC guidelines and conduct temperature checks prior to arrival. Guests should evaluate their own risk as they determine whether to visit. And, in line with CDC guidelines, we specifically do not recommend older adults or individuals at high-risk with severe underlying medical conditions visit our facilities.
Currently, CityWalk, Disney Springs, and a number of smaller Central Florida attractions have reopened their doors with all the health and safety measures the Reopen Florida Task Force has set in place. Will these added measures keep you from visiting?
Are you a Universal Orlando Annual Passholder? Will you be returning to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and Volcano Bay as soon as possible? Let us know in the comments!