It’s been 25 years since the Disney-Pixar team first brought us Toy Story. Over those two-and-a-half-decades, Woody, Buzz, Bo Peep, Hamm, Rex, and the rest of the gang have skyrocketed their way out of Andy’s bedroom and into Disney fans’ hearts.
There’s no better time to celebrate 25-years of Toy Story than National Pizza Day on May 15. Who didn’t wish they could have a birthday party at Pizza Planet growing up?
Here, you’ll find two healthy Toy Story inspired pizza recipes that you and your family can make together. We recommend turning National Pizza Day into a Toy Story movie marathon night at home!
Toy Story Rocket Ship Pizza (Courtesy of Disney)
What You Need:
- 1 large whole wheat naan (8-inch length)
- 1/2 c no salt added, no sugar added tomato sauce (preferred brand)
- 1/3 c shredded part-skin mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (about 5), dry, not packed in oil
- 2 mini sweet red peppers, 1 finely chopped (for rocket fin), 1 sliced lengthwise into strips (for fire)
- 1 mini yellow sweet pepper, sliced lengthwise into strips (for “blast off”)
- 1 mini orange sweet pepper, sliced lengthwise into strips (for “blast off”)
- Toy Story Pizza Maker
- Knife, for cutting naan into rocket shape and chopping vegetables
- Cutting board, for chopping cauliflower and peppers
- Medium bowl, for mixing sun-dried tomatoes and tomato sauce
What You Do:
- Follow the image above to create your rocket ship naan pizza!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- First, cut your naan into a Toy Story rocket ship shape.
- Top the main section of the rocket ship with with mozzarella cheese, chopped cauliflower, and any other desired pizza toppings.
- Mix sun-dried tomatoes with tomato sauce in a medium bowl. Spread over the rocket ship’s fins.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and naan is golden brown.
- Add chopped peppers for presentation. Enjoy!
If desired, you can sub your favorite pizza dough or store-bought pizza crust for the naan and adjust the recipe‘s baking time accordingly. You can also use your preferred pizza sauce instead of tomato sauce.
More Disney Pizza Recipes
If your family loves pizza, these other fun Disney pizza recipes are also sure to be a hit in your kitchen. This Inside Out pizza looks just like the Anger character from the movie! Add hot peppers to add some extra spice.
On the other end of the spectrum is this Mickey Mouse dessert pizza recipe! There’s nothing better than Mickey shaped pizza and this particular dish even features healthy fruit.
Are you going to try this Toy Story pizza recipe (or all of these Disney pizzas!) on National Pizza Day? Tell us in the comments!