We know it’s only May, but Disney is celebrating their #Halfway2Halloween social media campaign and we are here for it! From delicious pumpkin desserts to brand new Haunted Mansion merchandise, this is the most fun way to bring fall vibes to your springtime routine.
Here, we offer up a gluten free and vegan friendly pumpkin soup recipe straight from the folks at Disney Parks. Whether you serve this on your Thanksgiving table or have it for lunch for tomorrow, we know you’ll love its comforting fall flavor.
Pumpkin Soup (Courtesy of Disney)
What You Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 c diced butternut squash (skin and seeds removed)
- 3 c canned pumpkin (approximately 1 ½ 15-ounce cans)
- 1 tbsp honey or light agave syrup
- 2 c water
- ¼ c apple juice concentrate
- 2 tsp vegetable bouillon
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 c coconut milk
- 6 tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds), roasted and salted (for garnish)
What You Do:
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium high heat. Add onion and butternut squash and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine and bring just to a boil.
- Reduce to medium low heat. Simmer for 30-45 minutes until completely cooked and tender. Stir occasionally.
- Blend with immersion blender until smooth or transfer soup to blender and purée until smooth.
- Evenly divide the yield of this easy pumpkin soup recipe into 6 bowls and top each bowl with 1 tablespoon of pepitas.
This vegan pumpkin soup recipe can be adapted to fit your personal preferences. For added flavor, top with crumbled bacon or add a spoonful of heavy cream to create a creamy pumpkin soup texture.
More Disney Pumpkin Food
The Disney Parks culinary team has been hard at work making sure their Halfway to Halloween celebration is nothing short of fabulous for Disney fans.
If you’re in the mood to channel autumn now, put on your favorite plaid blanket scarf, light a pumpkin spice candle, and get in the kitchen to try these great Disney fall recipes!
These pumpkin pancakes are the perfect start to any morning, even if it happens to be the height of summer. Or, if you’re in a baking mood, try these delectable pumpkin bars that are sure to fly out of the pan!
Are you going to make pumpkin soup this week? Tell us how you’re celebrating #Halfway2Halloween with Disney!