On a dreary afternoon, sometimes grilled cheese is just the type of comfort food you need to perk you up for the rest of the day! Bonus points if it has a Disney connection like this fun (and simple!) recipe.
This adorable take on the classic meal features a Minnie Mouse grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of tomato soup. You’ll have it ready in no time and it’s sure to make lunchtime more fun for your entire family!
Minnie Mouse Grilled Cheese (Courtesy of Disney Family)
What You Need:
- 2 slices of preferred bread
- Butter or butter-alternative
- Cheese slices of choice
- Mickey Mouse cookie cutter
- Swiss cheese for Minnie’s bow and polka-dots
- Pastry bag tip
- Kitchen knife or kitchen scissors
- Bowl of tomato soup
What to Do:
- Butter each side of the bread.
- Place cheese slices on first slice of bread and cover with second slice.
- Grill lightly in skillet until cheese melts. Flip and repeat.
- Carefully remove from pan and transfer to cutting board.
- Press Mickey Mouse shaped cookie cutter over hot grilled cheese sandwich.
- Use pastry bag tip to cut out several small circles of Swiss cheese.
- Use a knife or kitchen scissors to cut Minnie’s bow from Swiss cheese.
- Dip half of the Minnie Mouse grilled cheese into bowl of tomato soup.
- Place polka dots onto the tomato soup portion of grilled cheese to create a design similar to Minnie’s polka dot dress. Place Minnie’s Swiss cheese bow and enjoy!
This quick and hearty Disney lunch won’t take long to make and children will love placing Minnie’s bow and polka dot shapes themselves. If you try this Disney character lunch recipe, let us know how your Minnie Mouse grilled cheese turned out in the comments!
More Disney food at home…
To add more Disney magic to your kitchen, check out these great at-home recipes. This cornbread from both Whispering Canyon Cafe and Fort Wilderness’s Hoop-de-Doo extravaganza is the perfect complement to Minnie grilled cheese!
For a special treat, try these chocolate fudge pancakes inspired by Pixar’s Onward or relive a Disney sit-down meal with California Grill’s famous chocolate lava cake. Yum!