Many guests have been impacted by all the recent cancellations due to the current health pandemic. Disney is continuing to provide information as it becomes available, offering affected guests solutions to their cancellations and vacation rebookings.
In a recent statement, Disney Cruise Line shared answers to guests Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) in an effort to assist guests as they navigate their vacation changes.
In the update released today, Disney Cruise Line stated:
- Disney Cruise Line Future Cruise Credit Can Now Be Added to New Sailings Booked Online
- Future cruise credit can now be added to new sailings booked online instead of needing to call the Disney Cruise Line contact center
- Please add the future cruise credit to your new online booking once you reach the checkout screen
- Simply click the button on the checkout screen that says Future Cruise Credit to add it to your booking
The update also included the following answers for all your frequently asked questions:
- Can I apply a Future Cruise Credit for a new reservation? – Yes, in fact, it’s the only way to apply a Future Cruise Credit to your reservation online.
- Can I make a payment to an existing booking and apply the Future Cruise Credit? – No, the only way to apply a Future Cruise Credit to your reservation online is for a new reservation.
- Can I place my reservation on hold and then apply the Future Cruise Credit later?- No, the only way to apply a Future Cruise Credit to your reservation online is for a new reservation.
- How do I know how much the Future Cruise Credit is?– The Future Cruise Credit is 125% of the canceled voyage fare in the majority of cases.
- Can I apply my Future Cruise Credit to a restricted stateroom category? – Yes, but not online. For staterooms in restricted categories, you must call the Disney Cruise Line Contact Center to apply your Future Cruise Credit.
- How long do you have to wait to receive an updated confirmation with your Future Cruise Credit showing that it is applied to a new booking? – Please allow up to 10 business days to receive a new confirmation.
- In applying the Future Cruise Credit to a new booking, do the same Guests have to travel together on the same sailing? – No, the Guests can sail with different travelers other than those that were on the initial booking.
- Do pre-purchased shore excursions and photo packages get refunded or are they part of the Future Cruise Credit amount? – Pre-purchased shore excursions and photo packages will be refunded.
- Can additional components, including the Vacation Protection Plan, be moved to a rebooked cruise using the future cruise credit? – Additional components, including the Vacation Protection Plan, transfers, and pre- and/or post-nights on the original booking, will be refunded back to the guest’s original form of payment. These will need to be re-purchased on the new booking.
- If a Guest is rebooked on future Disney Cruise Line sailing using the Future Cruise Credit, and the Guest decides to cancel that sailing, do they still get a full refund on that sailing? – The Guest would get a refund from the original sailing and would forfeit the Future Cruise Credit.
Don’t forget that even if you didn’t initially book your cruise with a Disney Travel Specialist, you can certainly do so and apply all they will still be able to apply all the valid discounts and credits to your future vacation. For the best white-glove service, reach out to our friends at Academy Travel for a no-cost, no-obligation quote. They are more than happy to assist you as you dream up and plan for your pixie-dusted Disney vacation or sailing!