Cooking together is a great way for families to pass the time and there’s nothing better than the smell of a delicious breakfast wafting through the house in the morning. These delightful Winnie the Pooh pancakes are easy to make, even if you don’t have a lot of experience in the kitchen.
With only four ingredients and the option to use a box pancake mix, you’ll have this Pooh Bear pancake recipe ready to eat in no time!
Recipe (via Disney Family)
- Your favorite pancake recipe (or box pancake mix)
- Cocoa powder or cacao powder
- Butter or your family’s preferred butter alternative
- Two clear squeeze bottles
- Prepare your pancake batter according to your recipe or the instructions on the box.
- Pour a small amount of batter into a separate bowl and add cocoa or cacao powder until the mixture has a light brown color (do not use more than 1 tablespoon of powder for 1 cup of batter).
- Transfer the pancake batter and the cocoa batter into separate clear squeeze bottles.
- Heat a pan to medium and add a small amount of butter or butter alternative to the pan.
- Use the cocoa batter to “draw” Winnie the Pooh’s face directly onto the pan.
- Allow the cocoa batter to sit for approximately 20 seconds, then use the pancake batter to “draw” an outline of Pooh’s face and ears.
- Once you’re satisfied with the shape, fill it in.
- When you see bubbles start popping, flip the pancake and let it cook for another 30 – 60 seconds.
- Serve with fresh fruit and maple syrup or honey (if you’re anything like Pooh!)
This recipe is easy to repurpose for any Disney characters you and your family love. You can even try your hand at creating the entire Hundred Acre Woods gang. We think Tigger and Piglet pancakes would be especially cute.