When Disney first announced that a “Beauty and the Beast”-inspired bar would be taking over the Mizner’s Lounge and Commander Porter’s store at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa we were a little…surprised. It just didn’t seem to fit in with the Victorian-style theming of the Grand Floridian.
While are still yet to see the final product, today Disney has revealed both the name and items to expect from the menu from this new location and well, they might just have changed our minds.
Firstly the name: Enchanted Rose. Disney has stated that the new location will ‘celebrate the magic and romance of Disney’s popular live-action movie’ and will feature four unique spaces inspired by Belle and the Beast.
This includes a chandelier inspired by Belle’s ball gown, a library showcasing French furnishing, a garden room borrowing from the enchanted forest, and finally an outdoor patio reminiscent of Beast’s garden terrace. We love this, it sounds like Disney are inserting references from the movie in a subtle way, keeping the magic of both “Beauty and the Beast” and The Grand Floridian alive.
Onto what we are really interested in — the menu! Here’s a selection of what to expect from the food at Enchanted Rose:
- Artisanal cheese selection with pine nut bread and raisins
- White sturgeon caviar served with egg timbale, crème fraiche, and chives
- Mini smoked short rib sliders with blue cheese and onion marmalade served on brioche buns
- Espelette pepper-spiced shrimp
- Octopus a la Plancha with black olives, blistered tomatoes and fingerling potatoes
- Crab and Gnocchetti Gratin
- Truffle fries
- House-made flatbread pizza
This menu is all said to be shareable, you can check out some of the photos below, we think it all sounds delicious!
Finally, let’s take a look at some of the drinks that will be available at Enchanted Rose:
- Island Rose with grapefruit and rose vodka, lime, orgeat, pineapple, bitters, and rose water
- Lavender Fog which is dry gin, crème de violette, English breakfast tea, vanilla, and cream
- Garden Daisy which is tequila, midori, lime, egg white, and cucumber
Enchanted Rose will also have a number of other cocktails, martinis, beers, ciders, and a large collection of wine and champagne available by the glass. Non-alcoholic cocktails will also be available!
The best news out of all of this is that Enchanted Rose is due to open this Fall at The Grand Floridian!
Are you looking to book a stay at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa? Why not consider our friends over at Academy Travel for a free no-obligation quote. The team of Authorized Disney Vacation Planners at Academy Travel can help answer all your questions and plan your trip so you can focus on having a magical Disney vacation without any stress. Click here to contact them and begin planning your family’s first Disney vacation!
Are you excited to take in the atmosphere and enjoy a nibble and a drink at the Enchanted Rose? Let us know in the comments below!