To celebrate the 70th anniversary of the timeless animated classic “Cinderella” Walt Disney Signature Collection will release an Anniversary Edition. Coming to Digital and Movies Anywhere on June 18th and Blu-Ray and DVD on June 25.
The Anniversary Edition of “Cinderella” offers two all-new extras “Cinderella” trivia and fun facts, and “In Walt’s Words: Enhanced Edition.” Trivia and fun facts is hosted by Ruth Righi and Ava Kolker from Disney Channel’s “Sydney to the Max.” “In Walt’s Words: Enhanced Edition” is a special edition of “Cinderella” featuring fascinating production details, original storyboards, archival photos, thumbnail sketches and transcripts throughout the feature film.
In addition, hours of classic bonus material celebrate the animation, music and long-lasting impact of “Cinderella,” featuring Walt Disney’s group of animators, the art of Disney Legend Mary Blair, the original demo recording of the film’s title song and Cinderella’s iconic glass slipper.
One of these bonus features is “The Real Fairy Godmother” shown here which provides viewers a glimpse into the real-life inspiration for the Fairy Godmother.
The story of Cinderella, who is ordered around by her stepmother and stepsisters, is kind and a hard-worker. But they can’t stop her from dreaming, and Cinderella hopes that someday her wishes will come true. When an invitation to the royal ball arrives, Cinderella is excited and sure her time has come, until her stepsisters, with the help of Lady Tremaine, tear her gown to shreds that she created. All hope is lost until her Fairy Godmother appears, and with a wave of her magic wand and Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo, transforms an ordinary pumpkin into a sparkling coach and Cinderella’s rags into a gown fit for a princess. After the transformation, she is sent off to the Royal Ball but warned that her enchanted evening and the spell is broken at midnight. It will take the help of her daring animal friends and a perfect fit into the glass slipper which was left behind, to create the ultimate fairy tale ending.
Cinderella Anniversary Edition Bonus Features
- Try This Trivia on for Size –Join Ruth Righi and Ava Kolker from Disney Channel’s Sydney to the Max and put your knowledge of Cinderella to the test.
- In Walt’s Words: Enhanced Edition – Watch the movie and gain some insight into its production with storyboards, archival photos, sketches, and transcripts.
- Diane Disney Miller “Cinderella” Film Intro- In this introduction to the animated classic, Diane Disney Miller describes how Cinderella helped launch a studio renaissance.
- The Real Fairy Godmother – Learn about the real-life inspiration for the Fairy Godmother: Mary Alice O’Connor, wife of Disney layout artist Ken O’Connor.
- Behind the Magic: A New Disney Princess Fairyland – Discover how Imagineers created a Fantasyland at Walt Disney World featuring each of the Disney Princesses.
- The Magic of the Glass Slipper– World-famous shoe designer Christian Louboutin creates a very exclusive “Glass Slipper” in honor of a beloved Disney classic.
THE ART OF CINDERELLA
- Concept Art- View a gallery of concept art from the feature’s production.
- Character Model Sheets– View a gallery of character model sheets from the feature’s production.
- Story Sketches- View a gallery of story sketches from the feature’s production.
- Live-Action Reference-View a gallery of photos taken from live-action footage shot as a reference for the animated feature.
- Pencil Animation-View a gallery of pencil animation from the feature’s production.
- Behind-the-Scenes Stills-View a gallery of behind-the-scenes stills from the feature’s production.
- Feature Stills-View a gallery of stills from the feature.
- Music and More
- “Cinderella” Title Song
- “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes”
- “Oh, Sing Sweet Nightingale”
- “The Work Song”
- “So This Is Love”
“Cinderella” joins the Walt Disney Signature Collection and is the ninth title of groundbreaking films created by the imagination of Walt Disney which features timeless stories and characters. Other films in the collection include: “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pinocchio,” “Bambi,” “The Lion King,” “Lady and the Tramp,” “Peter Pan” and “The Little Mermaid.”
Will you be getting the Anniversary Edition of “Cinderella either on Digital or Blu-Ray / DVD?” Let us know in the comments below.