The wait for Jaleo by Chef José Andrés at Disney Springs finally comes to a close on Sunday, March 17, when the new restaurant opens its doors for dinner service at Disney Springs.
This is the first Florida location of Jaleo, though it’s the fifth location in the United States. “”Jaleo at Disney Springs will feature an extensive menu of tapas, the traditional small plates of Spain, as well as savory paellas, sangrias, and a selection of Spanish wines and sherries. The celebration of these flavors in an inviting, vibrant atmosphere is a hallmark of all Jaleo restaurants,” says Disney.
Below, learn more about the mouthwatering menu items available at the new restaurant.
According to Disney, “Jaleo offers a selection of embutidos (cured ibérico ham, pork chorizo, and spreadable cured sausage) and quesos (cheese from cow, goat, and sheep’s milk). The Queso Massimo, an Asturian raw cow’s milk cheese made exclusively for Chef José Andrés and Jaleo, is cured for four months with the pulp from Asturian apples.”
Available by the plate or pan, paellas are cooked over a wood-fired paella pit. Each night, specialty paellas can be prepared by the pan and presented tableside for groups of eight or more.
On the Ensaladas y Mas portion of the menu, options include:
- Gazpacho estilo Algeciras, chilled Spanish soup made with tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers
- Ensalada de coles de bruselas con albaricoques, manzanas y jamón serrano, a dish of warm Brussels sprouts salad with apricots, apple, and serrano ham
- Ensalada de remolacha con citricos, a salad of red beets, citrus, Valdeón cheese, and pistachios with sherry dressing
Shareable items include:
- Croquetas de pollo, traditional chicken fritters
- Aceitunas modernas y clásicas, ‘Ferran Adrià’ liquid olives and gordal olives stuffed with piquillo pepper and anchovy
- Tortilla de patatas clásica, traditional Spanish omelette with potatoes and onions
Seafood dishes include:
- Puntillitas salteadas con alubias, sautéed baby squid from southern Spain with white beans
- Vieiras con salsa de piñones, seared scallops with pine nut sauce, raisins, and PX reduction
- Gambas a la Zahara, buttery, garlicky head-on shrimp prepared tableside for guests
For a quick bite, guests can visit Pepe by José Andrés. Located adjacent to the Jaleo entrance, Pepe serves hot and cold Spanish-style sandwiches, soups, salads, sides, and sangria. This is the first brick-and-mortar location of the chef’s popular food truck. Pepe will be open for lunch and dinner starting March 17.
Jaleo at Disney Springs opens for dinner starting March 17, 2019. Lunch service will begin later in the month.